Vivian Reis, ca. 1996

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2011
      Hey Strangers,

      This past weekend I was surprised to spot Vivian Reis in a season 3 episode of Psi Factor, "Chango." For those in the US, season 3 only of the series is available via Netflix (and it also includes the Colin Fox focused episode, "Return," that many of us find very reminiscent of the original Erica Desmond storyline, even though the writer claims never to have heard of SP). "Chango" I think is on disc 2, and if I'm remembering correctly "Return" is on disc 3.

      Vivian's Psi Factor credit is not included in her IMDB page--if I have time I will try to have the credit added (I do not know what their protocol is for user updates, although I do know that the whole site is driven around such updates). The biggest shock for me is how old she looks in this. This season was filmed circa 1996 so it is only 26 years after Vivian's work on SP. She looks around 60 or older. I'd always thought that Vivian was in her early twenties in 1970 but perhaps she was older than I had realized. Or, maybe like many of us, she had a hard life.

      Vivian's role does evoke some memories of her performance as Agatha Pruitt, including a scene where she's screaming "WItch!" and her one significant scene in the story, opposite series regular Nancy Sakovich, where Vivian's familiar idiosyncratic way with a line comes through... as the old saying goes, the years seemed to fall away at that moment.

      So far I recall, Vivian and Colin only had one scene where both were present, although their characters did not interact. It is interesting to wonder whether they sat and talked over old times back at the CJOH studio.

    • Scott
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2011
        Looks like lot of cast members stayed busy, I think Colin Fox is doing the stage in Canada now