Re: [Strange Paradise] Re:Slightly Off-Topic: Gothic Soaps...for the radio!

  • James Sedgwick
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2011
      Big Radio Productions's rendition of Dracula is INDEED a wonderful show. It
      ran a total of sixteen episodes covering the entire novel & beginning the
      series with the only audio adaptation of Dracula's Guest!

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 9, 2011
        Hey, Rachel! Sincerest best wishes on getting your audio drama going. That's an exciting project, and one I'd love to see come to fruition! Congrats to James on WHILE WHISPERS WAIT. If he is in your corner on the proposed STRANGE PARADISE audio production, sounds like you have a most capable ally. Please do keep us all posted as the project shapes up. -Curt

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 10, 2011
          Hey, John! Thanks for the recommendation on HAYWARD SANITARIUM. I haven't had a chance to listen to any yet, but the description sounds really cool. Here's a link to a site with free downloads of the entire series:

          http://oldtimeradio-in-tx.homedns.org/otr/hayward-sanitarium/

          Wow, I never expected a mention of good ol' Carlton E. Morse to pop up on this message board! He was, indeed, the king of the mystery serial writers, and his stuff is still highly effective, even in the 21st century. Many moons ago, when I was fresh out of college, I edited a fanzine dedicated to the radio writings of Mr. Morse, titled THE A-1 GAZETTE. Was even lucky enough to hear from Mr. Morse once or twice, and somewhere in my files I have several chapters of an unpublished autobiography that he was working on, which he was kind enough to share with me. I agree that he wasn't much of a novelist, but his scripts crackle with excitement. I eventually ended the fanzine the day that Morse passed away. I just couldn't bring myself to write his obituary. Oh well, thankfully many, many recordings of his shows still exist, and anyone wanting to write weird mystery / suspense scripts would be well advised to seek them out. -Curt

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 11, 2011
            Thanks, Curt! I think James will at least give me pointers but I don't know
            if he'll be around to actually help with any of the mixing or that sort of
            thing.

            _____

            Hey, Rachel! Sincerest best wishes on getting your audio drama going. That's
            an exciting project, and one I'd love to see come to fruition! Congrats to
            James on WHILE WHISPERS WAIT. If he is in your corner on the proposed
            STRANGE PARADISE audio production, sounds like you have a most capable ally.
            Please do keep us all posted as the project shapes up. -Curt

            --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:strangeparadise2%40yahoogroups.com> , "whispofmemory1980"