Re: Semi-OT: Hatch Mill

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2011
      Hey, Rachel!
      Good luck with finding any clips of HATCH'S MILL. As near as I've been able to tell, it hasn't aired in Canada since the 1970s, so the odds of finding any VHS recordings of it are slim. From what I've been able to unearth in newspaper clippings, the series was comedic in tone, and centered around an inn run by the Hatch family in late 1800s Canada. The show started as a stand-alone teleplay titled "A Hero at Hatch's Mill", but developed into a continuing drama on the CBC the next year. Airing for a single season, it was created by George Salverson (who later wrote for STRANGE PARADISE), and featured future SP cast members Cosette Lee and Sylvia Feigel (with sporadic appearances by Kurt Schiegl). The show seems to have come and gone fairly quickly, so not a lot of related material remains in circulation today. However, here is a link to a newspaper photo which I have posted on Maljardin.com:

      http://www.maljardin.com/gallery/galleryfeatured.html

      I've also recently uncovered a brief article on the series featuring nice pictures of Sylvia Feigel and Cosette Lee, and a few brief quotes from Sylvia. So I'll be posting those on the website in the coming months. If you find any further material, please be sure to let us know about it. -Curt