[Strange Paradise] Re: Strange Paradise Zine Project

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 6, 2011
      Hi, gang! The member who originally posted that announcement about a potential 'zine, Gothick42, is still quite an active poster here on the message board, and began his research into STRANGE PARADISE even before Bryan. Normally, I'd wait for him to respond himself, but I believe he's actually on vacation at the moment, and out of the country. Anyway, while he would be the first to tell you that his research back in the day never reached the depth or breadth of what Bryan has done in preparation for his book, I think Gothick42 holds the distinction of being the first fan to do any serious research on the series (traveling to Canada to speak with several people involved with the show's production). For that reason, I tend to call him the father of STRANGE PARADISE scholarship (much to his embarrassment, I'm sure). Unfortunately, his proposed 'zine never saw publication, but he has still kept up with the material he gathered, and has offered to let me post pieces of it on Maljardin.com sometime in the near future. Keep an eye out for the announcement here, as I'll be most excited to let everyone know when the material goes up.

      Speaking of 'zines, I believe there is another mention (somewhere in the depths of this message board) about one that WAS published. If memory serves, it wasn't an actual SP 'zine, but an issue of a West Coast DARK SHADOWS fanzine which devoted an issue to STRANGE PARADISE. If anyone every unearths a copy of that one, I'd be MOST interested to see it. -Curt