Featured link - Paisley Maxwell

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15, 2011
      Hi, Strangers! I'm surprised to be able to say that this week's featured item continues on the same theme as last week's - another recipe from an SP cast member!

      http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=KUQ_AAAAIBAJ&sjid=81EMAAAAIBAJ&pg=2616,3620863&dq=paisley-maxwell&hl=en

      This latest clipping comes from Page 34 of the 12/18/64 edition of THE WINDSOR STAR, and gives us an early glimpse of Paisley Maxwell. I must admit, though, that her recipe doesn't sound nearly as yummy as Bruce Gray's. Who knows, perhaps I should start a whole new page on my website - the Recipes of Maljardin! Here's hoping everyone has a great weekend. -Curt
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 19, 2011
        Hey Curt,

        what a great find! I just love that photo of Paisley--it actually looks as if she could be playing Elizabeth Marshall in the latter's salad days. She really is glamming it up! Gotta love our Paisley!

        As for the recipe, it is typical of ones I have seen from cookbooks of the period. I have to say that the idea of chunks of curried chicken served in a salad base of lemon jello strikes this reader as positively stomach-churning, and not just because I'm a vegetarian! lol!

        There was a DS cookbook that was done at some point in the late Sixties. Perhaps we could posthumously compile an SP cookbook? Sounds like a fun project!

        Thanks again for sharing this wonderful clipping. I'm smiling as I type these words!