Agatha Pruitt, Serpent Servant

    Message 1 of 234 , Dec 3, 1999
      A while back, Jacques asked about Agatha Pruitt.
      Thanks to the kindness of a friend, I've gotten to see a
      couple of episodes in which she appears--actually her
      final week (so far as I know) on the show. I'm not done
      watching the tape yet, but thought I would offer a few
      preliminary observations.<br><br>This was the period when
      Cornelius Crane was writing the show, and I'm guess he was
      a major fan of Southern Gothic, because Agatha
      seems as if she was inspired by someone in a Tennessee
      Williams play or a Carson McCullers novel. She seems
      "pixilated" and with only a passing acquaintance with
      reality. The actress who played her, Vivien Reis, was
      quite striking, with a dark, exotic, almost Latina
      look. Unfortunately the writing of the character, in
      the episodes I have seen so far, is very
      inconsistent. Sometimes Agatha seems sort of like a "wise
      child" and other times she just comes across as a daft
      Valley Girl in search of a keg party. <br><br>I do find
      the "serpent servant" aspect of Agatha's character
      intriguing. Her parents were both members of Irene Hatter's
      coven, and she seems to have had a natural affinity for
      the supernatural. Perhaps she returns in later
      episodes as a ghost or--?
      Message 234 of 234 , Feb 1, 2011
        LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have to re-watch that.