Featured link - Dan MacDonald

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2011
      Howdy, Strangers! It's Saturday again, so here's my latest offering for our Featured Link series:

      http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=uuRUAAAAIBAJ&sjid=gjwNAAAAIBAJ&pg=2341,5443676&dq=dan-macdonald+theater&hl=en

      This one comes from Page 4 of the 3/31/70 edition of Regina, Saskatchewan's THE LEADER POST, and features a brief article on an odd night of theater - two plays set in Hell. Our own Reverend Dawson, the ever-talented Dan MacDonald, portrays the title role in George Bernard Shaw's DON JUAN IN HELL. Some thought that Dawson may have had some Don Juan-ish motives toward Holly Marhall, but I think his actions in the show displayed a true concern for her, both spiritually and emotionally. Be sure to catch the publicity photo of Dan at the top of the page, and have a great weekend! -Curt
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29, 2011
        That's a really nice snapshot of Dan, Curt! Thanks for the link. I'd love to see Dan MacDonald in something other than SP. The character of Matt just seemed very limited as a role for him.

        That whole paper is such a time capsule. Love the ad for Putney Swope in the "special category" of Rated X and the obit for the lady who threw lots of bathtub gin parties back in her glory days in the 20s.

        You have a real flair for tracking this stuff down! Thanks for sharing!