RE: [Strange Paradise] Re: Cort

    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 11 8:50 PM
      I'd LOVE to see it. After seeing some of the episodes, I'd really like to
      know what happened to him...and Sylvia...I mean did they just fall off the
      radar or what?

      _____

      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 11 9:06 PM
        Yeah, those two performers, as well as Lucy Warner, just seem to have vanished shortly after SP wrapped production. Fortunately, I've recently unearthed a Canadian newspaper article talking about Lucy's early career, so we have at least some info on her. As far as David is concerned, we at least know he's still around up in Canada, as Bryan Gruszka was able to track him down and interview him. You'll notice that Bryan's advance publicity for his book mentions an interview with David, among quite a few others. I'm not privy to its contents, unfortunately, but I believe Bryan did mention that David got out of acting fairly early on, and went into business (furniture sales, or some such). [By the way, before anyone asks, I don't have any information regarding the status of Bryan's book. Haven't heard from him in quite some time, so I don't know anything that hasn't already been posted here on the list, sadly.] Sylvia Feigel is the real tough nut to crack. She co-starred in director Ivan Reitman's very first movie (FOXY LADY), and then seems to have just fallen off the planet. I mean, I can't find ANYTHING on her after than (and precious little before). The most exciting thing that I've encountered in connection with Sylvia is an off-the-record source (so I can't use it), and it still pre-dates her "disappearance". A few years ago, I got an email from Sylvia's former neighbor, and close friend, who lived next door to her during the shooting of STRANGE PARADISE. She, too, has been trying to locate her old friend for years, and was hopeful that I had some info. I hated to have to disappoint her, but I had nothing to tell her. This friend is a very sweet lady, and I was hopeful that we could convince her to share some candid anecdotes about her experiences with Sylvia, to post on my website. Unfortunately, she isn't comfortable talking to us "on record" without Sylvia's permission, so it seems unlikely that we'll ever get to hear any of her stories. Oh well, perhaps someday a miracle will occur, and she'll surface. In the meantime, rest assured that I'll continue to research the background of SP and its performers to share with all you guys. -Curt

        --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "Rachel Cavic" <rachel@...> wrote:

        > I'd LOVE to see it. After seeing some of the episodes, I'd really like to
        > know what happened to him...and Sylvia...I mean did they just fall off the
        > radar or what?
        >

        > _____

      • theldret
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 11 9:26 PM
          You see what I mean when we say we love you, Curt. You take the time to investigate each and every lead, and we are the appreciative beneficiaries of your knowledge. One day, I know that you will track down Sylvia and the others that have seemingly "vanished." Even if they wanted their private lives to remain private, I don't understand why they would not value fans that have genuine interest in them after such a long while. Keep us posted, Curt, and thank you for your diligence!

          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 11 9:28 PM
            Ditto what theldret said. :-) BTW, has anyone seen Foxy Lady and if so is it
            any good?

            _____

            wrote:

            > > I'd LOVE to see it. After seeing some of the episodes, I'd really like
            > > know what happened to him...and Sylvia...I mean did they just fall off
            the
            > > radar or what?
            > >

            > > _____
            > >
            > > From: strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:strangeparadise2%40yahoogroups.com>
            > > Subject: [Strange Paradise] Re: Cort
            > >

            > > Speaking of "long lost", I just found a review of a Canadian play from
            1971,
            > > the cast of which featured David Wells. This is the ONLY trace of David
            I've
            > > ever been able to unearth outside of SP. It's nice the continued to act
            for
            > > at least a few more years after the series ended production. Perhaps
            I'll
            > > share that as a link in one of the upcoming weeks. -Curt
            > >
            > > --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:strangeparadise2%40yahoogroups.com>
            > > <mailto:strangeparadise2%40yahoogroups.com> , theldret <no_reply@>
            wrote:

            > > > Curt, your "secret" is safe with us Strangers. Your long lost father,
            > > Cort, was a fine man! ;-)
            > > >
            > > > --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:strangeparadise2%40yahoogroups.com>
            > > <mailto:strangeparadise2%40yahoogroups.com> , "Curt"

            <mailto:strangeparadise2%40yahoogroups.com>
            > > <mailto:strangeparadise2%40yahoogroups.com> , theldret <no_reply@>

            > > get that notion? (just kidding -- we love you, Curt!) ;-)

            <mailto:strangeparadise2%40yahoogroups.com>
            > > <mailto:strangeparadise2%40yahoogroups.com> , "Rachel Cavic" <rachel@>

            > > with my
            :-)

            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 14 9:12 PM
              Curt!!! THIS really makes my day, my week, my month! Finally to have a glimpse of Colin's work in this "legendary" production! I definitely see a slight "soupcon" as the French say of Jacques' arrogant elegance in Colin's expression and stance here. Wish we could find more pub stills if not a videotape of the production!

              Fabulous work! Thanks so much for sharing.

              cheers, Steve
            • Joanna Desmond
              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 16 10:32 AM
                Loved it! I am always looking for "new" pictures of Mr. Fox!! Thanks!

                To: strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com
                From: strangeparadiselibrary@...
                Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 03:55:05 +0000
                Subject: [Strange Paradise] featured link - Colin Fox, the musketeer!