RE: [Strange Paradise] Re: Was wondering...

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2011
      Hey Toni,

      I sent you a message over on facebook. :-) Check it out.

      -Rachel

      _____

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 2, 2011
        Hey, Rachel! This group is unmoderated, so you needn't worry about chiming in whenever you'd like. It's great that we can get discussions going here, and always wonderful to have new members.

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 2, 2011
          Oh just wasn't sure if we could talk about that under the table of way
          getting the episodes. Some sites have rules about that hehe.

          _____

          <mailto:strangeparadise2%40yahoogroups.com> , "Rachel Cavic" <rachel@...>
          wrote:

          > Jack! ((HUGS)) Welcome to the group!!!! I would have responded to your
          > question but I wasn't sure if that was allowed here.
          >

          > _____
          >
          > From: strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:strangeparadise2%40yahoogroups.com>
          > Subject: [Strange Paradise] Re: Was wondering...
          >

          > No one welcomed me... I'm a new fan as well!
          >
          > Actually I did get one response to my question, but I will say that once
          > again I am looking forward to getting to know more about Strange Paradise!
          >
          > Jack
          >
          > --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:strangeparadise2%40yahoogroups.com>
          > <mailto:strangeparadise2%40yahoogroups.com> , "Jack" <Ozmite@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi folks-
          > >
          > > I'm a newbie to the world of Strange Paradise, though I have been a long
          > time fan of Dark Shadows, which I am slowly working my way through.
          > >
          > > I watched a couple of episodes of SP on YouTube, and am interested in
          > perusing it further. Of course, the problem to solve is where to get
          copies
          > of the show on DVD-
          > >
          > > What's the best quality DVD set currently out there for people to buy? I
          > read in here about a new set with extras, but no direction on how to pick
          up
          > a copy...
          > >
          > > Can anyone help a fledgling fan out?
          > >
          > > Looking forward to learning more about this show through this group-
          > >
          > > Jack C

        • Jack
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 2, 2011
            Thanks everyone for the welcome- Glad we can discuss things of interest here, and looking forward to getting to know other fans.

            Jack
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 2, 2011
              That's a point well-taken, Rachel. This group is unmoderated, so we can post most anything we want. But STRANGE PARADISE is still a copyrighted property, so folks probably do want to be somewhat discreet in discussing bootleg recordings. I'm told that the series' copyright holder IS aware of this group, and DOES actually read our messages from time to time. But, that being said, he must also be aware of the fellow selling copies of the series over at SkaryGuyVideo. Not that I'm saying the owner condones these bootlegs, but until he issues a Cease & Desist order we can only assume that he considers SkaryGuy too small to worry with. And, as far as I know, SkaryGuy is not a member of our group, so we're not profiting from his sale of bootlegs. Of course, SkaryGuy is not the only source for recordings of the show, but he is currently the most openly operating source on the internet. It's no secret that several members here also have copies on DVD-R or VHS, so any politely worded request for help here on the message board is likely to get a response from someone willing to assist. I've always found this to be an exceptionally open and friendly community. It's just one of the great things about STRANGE PARADISE fans.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 2, 2011
                Well that's a relief. Whew...the Dark Shadows community isn't as open about
                this sort of thing but then that's a case where they can afford not to me.
                After all, they have plenty of merchandise commercially and readily
                available.

                _____