Casa Loma & Desmond Hall

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2010
      Hi, gang! We all know that the exteriors for the great chateau on Maljardin were shot at Casa Loma in Toronto. However, there has been a fair bit of debate regarding the exteriors for Desmond Hall. Personally, I think that they are also shots of Casa Loma, just taken from different vantage points than the Maljardin shots. The architecture certainly seems to tally with other pictures I've found of Casa Loma on the internet (particularly those square-designed turrets). However, in reviewing one of the episodes this weekend, I noticed something I've never spotted before. In one of the daytime exterior slides used in a number of episodes (I spotted it at the beginning of Episode 172), if you look closely you can see what appears to be a sign hanging above one of the windows. It is to the right of the screen, on one of the lower windows. The shot is taken from an angle, so there's no way to tell what the sign says. But if anyone can find pictures of Casa Loma that contain that same sign, we can finally answer question of location once and for all. If I can dig up anything else to verify this, I'll certainly post it here. -Curt
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2010
        I decided to investigate Casa Loma and found their official site:
        http://www.casaloma.org/Main/MainDyn.asp

        On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Curt <strangeparadiselibrary@...>wrote:

        > Hi, gang! We all know that the exteriors for the great chateau on Maljardin
        > were shot at Casa Loma in Toronto. However, there has been a fair bit of
        > debate regarding the exteriors for Desmond Hall. Personally, I think that
        > they are also shots of Casa Loma, just taken from different vantage points
        > than the Maljardin shots. The architecture certainly seems to tally with
        > other pictures I've found of Casa Loma on the internet (particularly those
        > square-designed turrets). However, in reviewing one of the episodes this
        > weekend, I noticed something I've never spotted before. In one of the
        > daytime exterior slides used in a number of episodes (I spotted it at the
        > beginning of Episode 172), if you look closely you can see what appears to
        > be a sign hanging above one of the windows. It is to the right of the
        > screen, on one of the lower windows. The shot is taken from an angle, so
        > there's no way to tell what the sign says. But if anyone can find pictures
        > of Casa Loma that contain that same sign, we can finally answer question of
        > location once and for all. If I can dig up anything else to verify this,
        > I'll certainly post it here. -Curt

        "God is great, beer is good,
        and people are crazy."
        ...Billy Currington