RE: [Strange Paradise] Re: another new DVD

  • Ron_Bella_Daisy
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 25, 2010
      I just got both disks, and the quality is almost as good as the Dark Shadows tapes. The only way I know otherwise is the Drive-In logo. Disk 2 with a sort of commentary was great...wish the Dark Shadows tapes had something like that. Can't wait for more to come available. I still can't get over the quality.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 25, 2010
        I also was blessed with a copy of the new disc, and I just finished watching the pilot with fun "trivia" facts added. It gave a delightful new element to my experience of the series to be able to read up on all of this as part of viewing the episode. Fascinating!

        I was also intrigued to learn that kinescopes evidently circulated at one time. Who knew?

        Ian Martin's radio work for the CBS Mystery Theater in the 1970s is wonderful material, and it's a particular pleasure to have this episode with its SP associations collected here.

      • RickBear
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 25, 2010