Re: another new DVD

  • joannadesmond
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 24 1:18 PM
      I just received my copy and I still can't get over these dvds! I can't wait to get the rest of the set.

      --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "Curt" <strangeparadiselibrary@...> wrote:

      > Hey, Strangers! I just watched the second disk in that new "Conjure Doll" set, and thought I'd post a quick comment. This one is a Bonus Disk, so it's similar to the extras you might find on an official DVD release. The disk includes a trivia track version of the pilot episode, a black & white kinescope print of Episode 7, and a recording of Ian Martin's radio drama "To Die is Forever" (which was a re-telling of the original Maljardin story). Overall, I think this is a pretty neat collection of goodies. The picture quality is not as sharp as the previous disk in this set, but since this is all ephemeral material I wouldn't expect it to be up to the same standard. I'm just thrilled to see this apocryphal stuff archived for posterity, and I'll certainly be looking forward to the next disk in the set.

    • Ron_Bella_Daisy
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 25 5:12 AM
        I just got both disks, and the quality is almost as good as the Dark Shadows tapes. The only way I know otherwise is the Drive-In logo. Disk 2 with a sort of commentary was great...wish the Dark Shadows tapes had something like that. Can't wait for more to come available. I still can't get over the quality.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 25 9:46 AM
          I also was blessed with a copy of the new disc, and I just finished watching the pilot with fun "trivia" facts added. It gave a delightful new element to my experience of the series to be able to read up on all of this as part of viewing the episode. Fascinating!

          I was also intrigued to learn that kinescopes evidently circulated at one time. Who knew?

          Ian Martin's radio work for the CBS Mystery Theater in the 1970s is wonderful material, and it's a particular pleasure to have this episode with its SP associations collected here.

        • RickBear
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 25 9:59 AM