Re: [Strange Paradise] Re: Strange Paradise on Big Finish

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 28, 2010
      Fantastic! It would be a good idea, when we write them to include the link
      to the Strange Paradise web site, as this will give the best info on what
      the show was about. It wouldn't hurt to mention the links between Dark
      Shadows and Strange Paradise, asStrange Paradise can be considered a cousin
      of Dark Shadows.

      On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 11:34 AM, david whitehead <
      davewhitehead2003@...> wrote:

      > I'm a fan of the Big Finish CDs as well, and never even CONSIDERED the
      > possibility that they could do for SP what they've done for DS until you
      > mentioned it. Excellent idea! I for one would love it.
      >
      > Best,
      > Dave
      >
      > visit me at
      > www.benbridges.co.uk
      >
      > --- On Wed, 28/7/10, sprules_1999 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com<no_reply%40yahoogroups.com>>
      > wrote:
      >
      > From: sprules_1999 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com <no_reply%40yahoogroups.com>>
      > Subject: [Strange Paradise] Re: Strange Paradise on Big Finish
      > To: strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com <strangeparadise2%40yahoogroups.com>
      > Date: Wednesday, 28 July, 2010, 16:31
      >

      > Interesting idea. I also have all of the DS CD's and they have done an
      > excellent job. I wonder if there would be enough interest for Big Finish to
      > invest in this. Also, could they find script writers that were familiar
      > enough with the established storylines?
      >
      > --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com<strangeparadise2%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > Ron Janick <ron.bella.daisy@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am a big fan of what Big Finish ( http://www.bigfinish.com/ ) has been
      > > doing with the series of Dark Shadows. I have all the Cd's they have
      > > produced, so far,and they are great. So I was thinking, maybe if we
      > > petition them they might consider doing something with Strange Paradise.
      > So
      > > if you think this could be a possibility, please join me in sending an
      > email
      > > them at: feedback@... Thanks.
      > >
      > > --
      > > Ron and The Boston Babes:
      > > Bella & Daisy
      > >
      > > "God is great, beer is good,
      > > and people are crazy."
      > > ...Billy Currington

      "God is great, beer is good,
      and people are crazy."
      ...Billy Currington

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 28, 2010
        I'd love to see Big Finish take an interest in STRANGE PARADISE, too. It would be wonderful to hear some of the old cast members playing the roles we so love them in. However, I would temper any hopes with a dash of realism. The copyright holder to the series has already expressed an unwillingness to license the rights to put the show out on DVD, preferring to wait for someone to purchase ALL rights to series, lock stock and barrel. So, unless they've changed their stance recently, that would mean that Big Finish would have to entirely purchase SP in order for that project to happen and that's an awfully steep price tag). I'm not trying to discourage anyone from expressing your interest to Big Finish. I'd certainly be thrilled if our contact could move them to some interest in reviving the series. I just fear that the rights would be a really big problem. Just my two cents worth.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 29, 2010
          This would certainly be an excellent way to introduce DS fans to SP!