Zine update

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2003
      Just a line to let you guys know that I'm headed up to Ottawa again
      next week for what I hope will be relay 2 of my interviews with
      surviving members of the SP technical crew. So far I have found lots
      of cooperation and interest in discussing the series, which is, for
      the most part, warmly remembered as a happy, fulfilling creative
      experience for those who worked on it behind the cameras.

      If anybody has any specific areas they are curious about, feel free
      to post here and I can include those in my question list. I asked
      about the music and some of the people were going to try and find out
      more about the source for the cues. It seems likely they came from
      an existing music library rather than having been composed
      specifically for the series.

      I've already learned a lot of interesting things, such as that the
      writers never visited the set and the plot seems to have been cooked
      up largely by the producers (as was often the case on Dark Shadows).
      The actual office facilities and hallways were use for shooting the
      scenes in Dan Forrest's office in the first episode. One of the
      directors remembers that the striking titles sequence was produced in
      the US, along with the title track, and then shipped to Canada. I
      had thought I had posted some of these tidbits here but was just
      looking over the archives and couldn't find that post.

      I'm still very curious who the original casting for Jean Paul was. I
      was really astonished to learn that Colin Fox was a replacement when
      the original casting did not work out, due, I was told, to another
      commitment the actor decided to pursue.

      Best wishes,

      Steve Shutt
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2003
        Steve,
        Score Producitons (I believe in California) did the SP theme and
        background cues. They are still in business and have a web page.
        Last time I checked, SP was mentioned.
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 17, 2003
          Many thanks for pointing me towards the Score Productions website,
          SPrules. Perhaps if I send them a letter, they'll be able to check
          their files and give me more specific info about who actually did the
          work on Strange Paradise. It would be interesting to learn whether
          or not the master tapes still exist, as well.

          Best wishes,