Trivia Question #20

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 12, 2010
      Howdy, Strangers! I'm sneaking in early this morning, so let me get straight to our new question before I have to dash off to work:

      It has been well-documented that Robert Costello worked as a producer on both STRANGE PARADISE and DARK SHADOWS, and that Ron Sproat and Joe Caldwell wrote for both series. But what other direct connection did both SP and DS share?

      As always, be the first to post the correct response and you'll win our prize of one week's worth SP episodes on DVD. Good luck, and have a great weekend!
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 19, 2010
        Hi, gang! Since no one has taken a stab at the trivia challenge yet, I'm going to let it ride a little bit longer. If no one comes up with anything over the weekend, I'll see if I can come up with a hint or two. By the way, I also wanted to tip everyone off that there may be some difficulties with www.maljardin.com around the end of March. I've just been notified that the folks that are doing our web hosting currently are going out of business, so I'm going to have to find someone else to host the site. Don't worry though. I'm not going to let the site die. I'm probably going to have to start paying a hosting service though (as all the free ones seem to want to put advertisements on the site). Anyway, I'll let everyone know if there are any major problems or changes. With luck, everything will go smoothly, and you won't even know we had a transition.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 20, 2010
          Could the connection be Paperback Library's tie-ins?

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 23, 2010
            Our reigning trivia champion comes up with the correct response again! You're right, SPRules, the other direct connection between STRANGE PARADISE and DARK SHADOWS was the publishing house Paperback Library. PL released officially licensed series of novels based on both shows. I wish there was some documentation these days about how that deal was cut between PL and Krantz Films, but that's probably too much to hope for at this late date (particularly since Dorothy Daniels passed away a few years ago). Anyway, thanks for playing. I'll be back with a new question this weekend.