Strange Paradise: Episode 40

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2010
      *HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!*
      *Strange Paradise: Episode 40*

      *Episode 40: Slideshow: http://tinyurl.com/kn3wy*

      Vangie is walking with Matt. "Raxl thought she remembered the ancient
      symbols written in the sacred sand. It would have led us to the conjure doll
      and silver pin, which would have returned the devil from whence he came."
      Vangie tells Matt. "Perhaps she just wished it was the right symbol." "Or
      perhaps it was your disbelief in our beliefs that obliterated it." "A
      symbol wiped from the sand and Raxl's mind. I�m a minister Vangie not a
      magician. I don't know anything about conjure dolls, symbols or what ever
      ancient symbols your talking about." "But you do Reverend Dawson. Except
      that you do not accept them. Those very spirits selected you to be at the
      s�ance, the spirit of the Great Spirit. Probably you are a lesser evil than
      the others, but never the less a disruptive force." Vangie says then looks
      away. "There is nothing ahead of us now but terror." Vangie walks away. Tim
      walks down the staircase, Matt is standing at the bottom. "Hi, have you seen
      Holly?" Tim asks. "Holly, she was here about five minutes ago." Matt says.
      "You seem worried. Where do you think she's gone?" "She was talking about a
      way to escape from this place by a secret tunnel from the crypt." "Oh that
      was just Holly in one of her crazy guessing games." Tim tells Matt. "I may
      have led her to believe it was more than that." Matt says turning and
      walking towards the entrance to the crypt. He stops and turns to Tim. "If
      Jean Paul Desmond in his present state finds her down there where his wife
      is resting..."

      Jean Paul is in his secret room watching the crypt on the monitor. He turns
      on the recorder. "Erica my sweet wife, until the day comes when science
      restores you to me, can release you from the cryonics suspension colder than
      ice, as cold as my empty life, I will continue trying to contact you through
      a s�ance. You must know the great effort I am making to protect you but was
      the evil of Jacques Eloi Des Mondes enough to prevent us from making contact
      at the s�ance that failed Erica? Believe me I fought him with all my
      strength, I held him at bay but he could not have got through unaided. These
      people in this house Erica, I�ve been thinking about them. Are they in
      consort with the devil? Which one prevented me from hearing your sweet voice
      again my Erica?" Jean Paul turns towards the monitor. "Which one? If I knew
      ..." Jean Paul sees Holly in the crypt. Angrily he turns the monitor off
      then the recorder.

      In the crypt Holly is arguing with Quito. "No Quito, I'm to afraid of other
      things to be afraid of you. Quito I want to be your friend. Look, when
      someone pushed me down those stairs it wasn't you was it?" Quito shakes his
      head no. He tries to push Holly to get her to leave the crypt. "No, I
      won�t go. Quito I need a friend. I need help. Help me please."

      Tim and Matt are discussing Holly whereabouts. "She must have gone down to
      the crypt. If Jean Paul finds her there or Raxl..." Matt says. "Holly will
      be in a real mess." Tim says. They turn and start walking towards the crypt.
      "Hold it right there gentlemen." Jean Paul says from the staircase. Matt
      and Tim walk back towards Jean Paul. "Didn't you know the crypt is off
      limits?" "We thought Holly Marshal might be down there." Matt says. "It's
      off limits to her as well." Jean Paul angrily walks to the crypts entrance.
      He stops and turns towards Matt and Tim. "Reverend Dawson, Mr. Stanton I'm
      beginning to realize that you have not fully grasped my ruling. Now to each
      and every one of you this is most important. And how important you will all
      find out." Matt looks away. Tim is looking at Jean Paul.

      In the crypt Holly is pleading with Quito. "Quito listen to me, somebody did
      try to kill me. Do you believe that? " Quito nods his head. "Who? Do you
      know who?" Holly asks. First Quito nods then he shakes his head no. "Look
      the picture of Erica Desmond, you said it looked like me, when someone
      slashed it with a knife do you think they meant me?" Quito shakes his head
      no. "Well they did. Then there was the accident at the s�ance. Well I wasn't
      there, maybe next time I will be there." Quito looks around nervously. "Oh
      Quit, if you like me help me I won't tell about Erica Desmond and the
      cryonics capsule. I know that would bring in the police and I wouldn't do
      anything to hurt Mr. Desmond. Take me across to the Main Island. Hide me in
      the supply boat. Nobody will find out, I promise you that." Quito shakes
      his head no. "Well then show me where the secret door is down here. I know
      there is one because Reverend Dawson told me there was." Quito signals for
      Holly to leave. "No I won�t go if you don't show me the door I'll stay here
      until you do!"

      "Everybody!" Jean Paul shouts.

      Quito puts his hand over Holly's mouth.

      "Everyone within the sound of my voice. Everyone come to the Great Hall, do
      you hear me!" Jean Paul shouts. Matt and Tim look at Jean Paul with a
      questioning _expression on their faces. "Everyone in this house, this is
      Jean Paul Desmond calling. Come to the Great hall!" Jean Paul walks to the
      crypt entrance. "You too Holly Marshal!" Vangie and Elizabeth walk down the
      staircase to join Tim and Matt. "Now once and for all you will all get the
      message!" Jean Paul says angrily.

      Holly looks at Quito. "I can't go up there now. Mr. Desmond sounds like he's
      in a real fury. If you won't help me find the secret way I'll have to try to
      find it." Holly says walking up to Quito . As she tries to go around him,
      Quito grabs Holly and lifts her off her feet.

      In the Great Hall Jean Paul stands in anger. Alison is sitting in a chair.
      Vangie and Elizabeth sit on the couch. Matt and Tim stand between them. They
      are all facing Jean Paul. "You appear to have something very important to
      say Reverend." Jean Paul says to him. Matt walks towards Jean Paul then
      stops. "Yes." "Important for all of us to here? Well we are listening." "I
      have work to do in the lab Jean Paul. Your work. It's you who called us not
      Reverend Dawson." Alison says to Jean Paul. "Alison you will soon hear what
      I have to say." "It seems to be your opportunity to entertain Reverend. May
      I suggest the Song of Sullivan." Elizabeth says with a smile. "This is a
      serious matter Mrs. Marshal!" Jean Paul tells her. Elizabeth stops smiling.
      "Isn't it Reverend?" "Very serious because you have gathered us all here to
      make accusations." "Us Reverend?" "Or threats." "Or perhaps even more on
      such an important occasion, no generalizations. Now you said us Reverend
      Dawson. Who am I to accuse? Surely at least one." "I would accuse you! You
      are the Master of this house, self appointed law on this Island." "That is
      correct Maljardin is my domain." "And your responsibility, you have
      abandoned that. Now I appeal to you to recover it, so that we retain some
      order and sanity around here!" "I abandoned responsibilities, that requires
      an explanation!" Jean Paul says angrily. "We all appreciate the terrible
      shock you had when your wife died. We understand why you want to preserve
      her in cryonic suspension, your wish that she might live again." "Live, she
      will live again." "Very well we hope so." "It is much more than hope, it's
      science!" "All right than we understand! We may not agree but we understand
      why you keep us here as prisoners. But what can you allow to happen where
      you are the law. Doctor Menkin who was serving your wife died almost
      immediately after she did. Who can say how he died. There your control on
      this Island begins to disintegrate." "I don't think so." says Jean
      Paul. "Matt
      I don't think you should pursue this any farther. Jean Paul is obviously
      very distressed.' Alison says. "Oh no let him speak." "I don't imagine my
      comment would carry any influence but." Elizabeth starts to say. "No it
      would not Mrs. Marshal." says Jean Paul. "Well go on Reverend." "A great
      many strange things have happened on this Island that you do not control or
      do you? The terrible happenings at the s�ance, the chandelier falls and it's
      blamed on the devil. And you accept these superstitious reactions! All your
      views which is driving us beyond reason. Were you in control when someone
      could take that unsuspecting girl Holly Marshal and throw her down the
      stairs?" "Oh now we are talking about Holly." Vangie and Elizabeth glance
      at each other. "Holly and all of us!" says Matt angrily. "Yes all of you
      and I hope all of you were given to understand that no one, no one must do
      anything to interfere with the care and protection of the cryo capsule!" "Were
      so terrified and desperate that we will try anything!" Alison tells Jean
      Paul. "No one must interfere with Erica!" "You talk as though you are
      driven beyond the bounds of sanity!" Matt says. "No one, not you, not
      anyone! Jean Paul shouts at Matt. "Driven to try anything, to do anything!"
      Matt says angrily. "Don't you understand me!" says Jean Paul. "Don't you
      understand? As you are driven you are driving us! Perhaps to violence!" "Are
      you threatening me Reverend?" "I don't threaten anyone but you threaten
      all, even Holly Marshal who is certainly no threat to you!" "She could be
      to Erica, oh I know that she is down there in the crypt right this very
      moment. She could be a threat to the protection of the cryonics capsule and
      thereby destroy my Erica!" "Holly would never intend that!" "I don't care
      what she intended, what she does is what matters. None of you seem to
      understand that. That is why I intend to make perfectly and absolutely clear
      to each and every one of you that you all do understand!"

      Holly is sitting on the steps of the crypt listening to Jean Paul. Quito is
      pacing across the floor. "Quito did you hear that?" Quito nods. "I don't
      know what's going on here any more. Jean Paul Desmond is like two different
      men. I'm even afraid...that he will kill somebody." Quito shakes his head
      no. "If he hasn't already. Oh Quito would you help me if you could?" Quito
      doesn't give an answer. "Would you?"

      Alison stands and walks over to Jean Paul. "I'm very sorry Jean Paul but I
      don't really have any more time to listen to this." "Find the time Alison."

      "To listen to what? Your opinion of Holly Marshal. Matt�s opinion of you.
      Every bodies� opinion of each other. I've heard all this before." "But not
      what I'm about to tell you Alison." "Well save it, I've got work to do in
      the laboratory on Doctor Menkin�s experiments. I'm not in the mood to cater
      to your whims." Alison says then starts walking away. "I said stay Alison."
      Jean Paul demands starting to get angry again. "I'm sorry. You're a fool
      Jean Paul." Alison says then leaves the room. "Alison will regret that as
      will anyone else who prefers not to hear what you all must know!" The
      others in the room glance at each other. "Including Dan Forrest, my absent
      loyal friend and trusted attorney who didn't even bother to answer my call.
      Now he above all should be here because he was the last one to be seen at
      the cryonics capsule before it almost failed. And that is not going to
      happen again!" "It was an accident. He was looking for the missing
      cyanide." Matt tells him. "When a devil works through a man what he does is
      not an accident." Vangie tells them. Matt looks at Vangie. "Now you say the
      devil possesses Dan. A few moments ago it was suggested that I was the evil
      one." Matt turns to Jean Paul. "Is that how you intend to keep control of
      events on Maljardin?" "Accident or evil, the results could still be the
      same. If the cryo capsule is damaged Erica could be disturbed." "And it
      could happen as long as evil if free to roam." Vangie says. "Are you evil
      Reverend?" asks Jean Paul. "On the contrary. I'm only seeking to restore a
      little logic around here." "I see. Using no more homilies from the Holy
      Writ. Have all your sacred words fled you Revered?" "I wasn't thinking
      about religion." "Vangie is, are words spirits Vangie? Can sacred words
      flee when the devil enters? I had to fight an alien influence that destroyed
      my chances of contact with Erica. Vangie certainly resisted. Now who was the
      link to evil? Alison Carr who if I'm to believe her, loved her sister. Quito
      whose only thought is devotion to his Mistress. That leaves you who
      completed the chain Reverend Dawson. What do you say. Is the devil of
      Maljardin in his Holy Reverence?" "This is insane?" Matt says angrily as he
      turns away. "What do you say Vangie? Could the devil enter and destroy the
      s�ance through Matt Dawson? If he has used him once could he be used again?"
      "I can't say that." Vangie tells him. "What can you say?" "Because he is a
      man of the cloth, a religious man he made the contact, because of his
      disbelief in the spirits the chain was weakened and the contact breaks. I
      would say that whenever the devil is loose anything or anyone can be his
      tool." "And I say that whatever prevented me from making contact with my
      Erica will not happen again at the next s�ance." "Now you build another
      opportunity to shake all reason. And when will that be?" Matt asks. "When
      Vangie feels she has recovered her strength. Now about this someone in the
      crypt, I intend to impress on all of you what you fail to understand. That
      no one is permitted down there! Now I must impress that on Miss Marshal!" Matt
      and Tim glance at each other then they look back at Jean Paul.

      Holly stands up. "I think he's coming down." Holly steps down and walks over
      to Quito.

      "Now you will see what will happen to those that intrude on Erica's resting
      place!" Jean Paul walks angrily towards the crypt. Matt grabs Jean Paul's
      arm. Tim walks over to help Matt. "Leave her alone." Matt says. Jean Paul
      jerks his arms free. "Leave me alone!" he yells turning towards them. "But
      Holly was driven to desperation as we all are!" Matt yells back. "What do
      you say Mrs. Marshal? Do you have anything to plea in defense of your
      child?" Jean Paul asks. Elizabeth stands and walks over to the three men.
      "You're right to be angry, Holly always has been impossible. I can't forgive
      her but I hope that you can." With an angry look Jean Paul walks to the
      crypt entrance. He turns and gives everyone an angry stare then heads down
      the stairs.

      Holly stands next to Quit as Jean Paul walks down the steps. "All right
      Holly, you wanted to come all the way down go ahead." Jean Paul points into
      the center of the crypt. Holly steps off the bottom step of the
      stairs. "Guard
      her Quito." Jean Paul says as he walks over to Erica's capsule. Holly and
      Quito follow. Jean Paul checks the capsule then the gauges. "She came no
      where near the cryo capsule? She touched nothing?" Quito shakes his head no.
      "No instruments?" Again Quito shakes his head no. "Then what were you doing
      down here? There are some people who would like to destroy Erica's capsule
      thereby destroying Erica's hope for life, thinking then I would have no more
      reason for keeping them here. Or to keep the secret from the meddling
      authorities. Now what were you looking for Miss Marshal!" "I didn't touch
      that, I want you to bring your wife back to life." "Then what were you here
      for?" "Looking for a way out! Trying to get away from this. I can't stand
      it anymore!" Holly turns away as she cries out. Jean Paul stalks forward
      towards Holly. "I'm going to have to make an example of you." he says with a
      murderous look upon his face. Holly glances up at him. "I was only looking
      for a secret door." "I found you here once before, I warned you then and
      now I find you here again. I have no choice in what I must do so that Erica
      will be safe from all the others." Holly shakes her head. "Mr. Desmond, I
      don't understand you. You brought me down here the last time. You asked me
      to help you find the secret door, you did. Don't you remember?" Jean Paul
      stares ahead in thought.

      Alison stands in the Great Hall holding Doctor Menkin's notes. Elizabeth,
      Tim, Matt and Vangie stand around her. "But who was in the laboratory, did
      any of you go in there today? I must know." Alison asks. "I assure you I�m
      not interested in your experiments." Elizabeth says stepping away. "Where
      is Jean Paul?" "Down in the crypt, where none of us are permitted." Matt
      tells her. Alison rushes to the crypt.

      Jean Paul stands looking at Erica's capsule. "Don't you remember Mr.
      Desmond? You did bring me down here, it's the truth. Tell him Quito, you
      were here." Quito nods his head. Jean Paul is staring straight ahead. "Jean
      Paul!" Alison says rushing up to him. She shows him the notes. "I've just
      fully realized that these are part of Doctor Menkin�s missing notes. Jean
      Paul grabs them from her. "The experiments are cellular reconstruction.
      According to these dates it covers one of the missing six weeks." Alison
      says. "One week nearer to life for my Erica. You found these in the
      laboratory?" "Yes, it's so confusing. You know I turned that place upside
      down and couldn't find them anywhere and there they were on the lab table!"
      "I wonder who put them there?" Jean Paul asks. "That's what I was
      wondering. Nobody has been down there except for you. Where did you find
      them Jean Paul?" "I'm the wrong one to ask. But I know who will answer.
      Guard these with your life.' Jean Paul says handing the folder back to
      Alison. He leaves the crypt. Alison puts her arm around Holly and leads her
      out of the crypt.

      Summary by Debby Graham & Slideshow by Ron Janick

      "God is great, beer is good,
      and people are crazy."
      ...Billy Currington