Trivia Question #14 - answered!

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2009
      Congratulations, SPrules! Once again, you prove yourself our reigning trivia champion. You named enough of the parents from STRANGE PARADISE to win our challenge, but you did go awry once or twice. Jean Paul and Erica's child was never born, so they were never technically parents. Also, while Robert Goodier's character in the 1600s flashbacks was said to be Jacques' and Phillipe's uncle, no mention is ever explicitly made of children of his own (so we can't count him either). But your other answers were spot on: Elizabeth Marshall, the Conjure Man, Jacques and Huaco, Mr and Mrs Pruitt, Ada Thaxton, Julien Desmond, and Gabriella. Of the characters you missed, one was a major supporting player and the other an exceptionally minor one. In one of the earliest Desmond Hall episodes, it is mentioned that Irene Hatter once had a daughter whom she lost. I've always found this an intriguing throw-away reference, and have long assumed it was a plot point which was meant to be developed, but was dropped in favor of other storylines. The other parent who appeared fleetingly on the show was the father of Crystal Hawkes (the second young local to die after Jean Paul returned to Desmond Hall). He probably had all of 20 seconds of screen time, but he did put in an appearance. Thanks for participating in my contest. Be sure to check back over the weekend for a new challenge!