The "Vignettes"

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2009
      I was always under the assumption that the reel of the so-called "vignettes" was missing. Is there a copy somewhere out there? I've seen some still photos. Could you refresh our memories on these?
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2009
        Sadly, no copy of "The Vignettes" is currently known to exist. However, we do know exactly what they contained, because the script is still in existence, and was actually displayed at the Nepean Museum in Ontario back in 2001. For more details on their contents, please visit www.maljardin.com and read my article "The Vignettes: STRANGE PARADISE's 'Lost' Pitch Reel". You'll discover information regarding the characters (variant and familiar) and situations appearing in the production. If anyone would like to discuss them in further detail here, please don't be bashful about posting, as I'm always open to a good chat on the subject. As far as the existence of a video copy of "The Vignettes" goes, none has surfaced over the last three decades, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is truly lost. The entire point of "The Vignettes" was that video copies were sent to individual television stations across the U.S. to promote the series in syndication. Basically, station programmers were encouraged to watch the series' pilot,and then view "The Vignettes" as a way to get an idea of how the show was going to unfold in the proceeding weeks. Anyway, my point here is that with dozens of copies (possibly more) being sent out to stations across the country, I can't imagine that ALL of those have been destroyed. Surely, a copy or two are gathering dust in storage rooms of various tv stations across the U.S. But believing that a copy still exists and actually finding one are two entirely different prospects. If anybody out there has ideas on how to run a copy to earth, I'd sure love to hear about it.