Trivia Question #9

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2009
      Hi, Strangers! Once again, we have a new trivia challenge for the weekend. Some of these puzzlers may seem a little obscure, but remember, the answers to all of our challenge questions can be found on either www.maljardin.com or www.strangeparadise.net. So everyone has a chance to win. Here's the latest question:

      In the Maljardin storyline, who was initially meant to be the Conjure Woman, and what was the original name considered for the character who did become the Conjure Woman?

      As always, be the first to post the correct answer and you can claim our
      prize of your choice of one week's worth of SP episodes on DVD. Good luck!
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2009
        This may be a bit of a complicated answer, but here goes...
        In the pilot/1st epsiode, Beryl Forbes (actress Nonnie Griffin)sang "That Old Black Magic" at the cafe. She was supposed to be the Conjure Woman. In susequent episodes, the Conjure Woman was Evangeline "Vangie" Abbott (actress Angela Roland). Vangie's name was originally considered to be Natalie.

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2009
          Congrats again, SPRules! You're turning into our resident trivia champion. You didn't give us the full original name for the Vangie Abbott character, but you got so close that we won't quibble. You are correct that Beryl Forbes was originally meant to be the Conjure Woman when the pilot was shot (she was also in SP's unaired pitch reel "The Vignettes"). But when Nonnie Griffin declined to join the regular series cast, the role of the Conjure Woman was quickly re-cast and given to Angela Roland. Angela, of course, played Vangie Abbott, but the initial name considered for her character was Natalie Banks. I like Vangie better. Anyway, that polishes off the trivia challenge for another week. Check back soon, and I'll try to get a warm-up question posted in anticipation of the new challenge on Friday. Thanks for playing!