Re: Trivia Question #6

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 17 11:16 AM
      Okay, I'll take another stab. Besides Dr. Menkin, could you be referring to Angela Rowland (Vangie Abbott) taking over for Nonnie Griffin (Beryl Forbes)?

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 17 8:58 PM
        This question is proving trickier than I had originally anticipated. You're correct that Angela Roland was brought on board when Nonnie Griffin failed to join the regular cast of STRANGE PARADISE, but she was not hired to play the same character that Nonnie originated (Beryl Forbes). I'm referring to a character who appeared in Episode 1 who reappeared later during the first two weeks of the series portrayed by a different performer. I don't think this particular switch in casting has been discussed much, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the question is shaping up to be a bit of a stumper. Keep working on it, as I promise you the answer is out there. Good luck!

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 18 8:52 AM
          This question is bugging the heck out of me! Huaco was played by two different actresses. In the pilot, she was played by Patricia Collins. Later, I believe she was played by someone else. I don't know the name, however.

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 18 10:05 AM
            Bingo! Sorry the latest question gave you such fits, but you got it. In the pilot, Doctor Menkin was played be Joe Austin (though his performance was uncredited), and in Epiaode 5 his corpse was played by an unknown extra. Likewise, Patricia Collins was seen in the pilot as Huaco, but when the character reappeared in Episode 6 she was played by an unnamed actress. It's a shame we know so little about all of the uncredited performers who appeared during the first month of the series, as there really are quite a few of them. Anyway, congratulations on your persistence in puzzling out this tricky question.

            If you'd like to claim your prize of a DVD-R of SP episodes, please click the Contact Curt link on the mainpage of www.maljardin.com. Thanks once again for participating in the trivia challenge. Check back later in the week, and I'll get a new question up.