S.P. and religion

  • debozcat
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2002
      Reading all these comments about the religion in St.P. is very
      interesting. I didn't realize just how much about the story line
      that I have forgot! I haven't seen any of the episodes since it
      originally aired, over 30 years ago. I was raised Assembly of God,
      and was working at thier headquarters when SP was originally aired.
      The other young people working there at the time, that I knew, all
      watched SP and loved it! None of us seen anything wrong with
      watching the series. I didn't see a conflict with my beliefs.
      Just thought of it as a fun show to watch. I had always liked scary
      stuff, as far back as I can remember.

      Happy Halloween to everyone!

      Deb
    • Joanna Desmond
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2002
        I didn't realize that SP or DS created such religious controversy. I
        was attending a Catholic high school at the time and don't remember
        any of the teachers (Nun or lay) saying anything either way on the
        subject. I think I was one of about three people in the whole school
        that watched the series. I didn't get teased by my classmates
        especially whent they found out that I had a crush on Colin Fox. I
        too didn't realize how much of the story line I had forgotten - I
        guess the dashing Jean Paul/Colin had me more mesmorized then I
        thought. I recently acquired most of the series and I still say to
        myself that I don't remember that!!!

        I still don't think that it affects my Christian beliefs. I have
        always like scary things too and just look at it as an interesting,
        entertaining story.

        I would gladly volunteer to interview the still dashing Mr. Fox but I
        don't know if I would ever get an article written nor would he be
        heard from for awhile!!!!

        Joanna