Happy 40th anniversary SP!!!!

  • strangeparadiselibrary
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 7, 2009
      Well, gang, in less than an hour we will officially mark the 40th anniversary of STRANGE PARADISE. In honor of the event, we have a new Featured Image up on www.maljardin.com (this one's a real rarity). We'll actually be celebrating the show's anniversary from now until October 20 (the day SP premiered in Canada). So please check in with us periodically for new celebratory material. We're days away from posting my main commemorative feature, a little something titled NEWSFLASH: STRANGE PARADISE! I won't let the cat out of the bag just yet, but I will say that it's going to feature fifty (yes, 50) separate pieces of ephemera relating to the launch of the show. Be sure to stop by and check it out!
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8, 2009
        Happy Anniversary everybody! I still remember how intrigued I was watching episode one. For some reason, the sequence where Beryl started singing "That old black magic" really impressed me. I thought it was quite clever, and a fun touch!

        It seems very appropriate to have Trudy Young featured on the front page of your site, Curt, since she also made a "cameo" appearance in an early episode of the series!

        Champagne and cake all round!

        cheers,

        Steve
      • strangeparadiselibrary
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8, 2009
          --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, gothick42 <no_reply@...> wrote:
          ... the sequence where Beryl started singing "That old black magic" really impressed me. I thought it was quite clever..

          > Hey, Steve! Yeah, that was a clever bit. And considering that Beryl Forbes was originally supposed to be the Conjure Woman (before Nonnie Griffin quit the show), the song was also a sly bit of foreshadowing towards the nature of Beryl's character. So in the context of the scene, that specific choice of music was an excellent counterpoint to the intercut shots of Jean Paul finding the conjure doll, a wry bit of humor, and a piece of foreshadowing, all at once. Man, Ian Martin's writing was top-notch when he was firing on all cylinders! -Curt
        • joannadesmond
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 21, 2009
            I can't believe that it has been 40 years!!!! Where has the time gone to??

            --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "strangeparadiselibrary" <strangeparadiselibrary@...> wrote:

            > Well, gang, in less than an hour we will officially mark the 40th anniversary of STRANGE PARADISE. In honor of the event, we have a new Featured Image up on www.maljardin.com (this one's a real rarity). We'll actually be celebrating the show's anniversary from now until October 20 (the day SP premiered in Canada). So please check in with us periodically for new celebratory material. We're days away from posting my main commemorative feature, a little something titled NEWSFLASH: STRANGE PARADISE! I won't let the cat out of the bag just yet, but I will say that it's going to feature fifty (yes, 50) separate pieces of ephemera relating to the launch of the show. Be sure to stop by and check it out!

          • Jonathan
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 25, 2009
              Well, I believe it got up and went, like the proverbial get up and go...
              Jonathan Michael Reiter
              jmr