What's an SP fan to do?

  • Oldtime Radio
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2002
      Hi Everyone,

      I'm new to this forum, although I'm a big fan of SP,
      and recall watching it in it's original run, along
      with DARK SHADOWS.

      However, alas, I was only able to get the first couple
      of tapes from Centaur before they stopped distributing
      (so far as I know they're still stopped due to their
      sell out or bankruptcy, or whatever it is, right?).

      My question, which I'm sure has been asked here
      before, is: how does one go about getting hold of
      tapes to view? Is any place still selling them? Is
      there somewhere that perhaps rents them? Do any of
      the fans here perhaps rent them? Since I don't have
      any SP to trade, I suppose fan trading isn't really an
      option for me.

      Also, what's the latest on the sale of Centaur's SP
      rights? Are they still waiting for someone to pay
      them an arm and a leg? Such a shame that SP isn't
      being run in syndication! (that I know of)

      Are there any options for someone like me to get some
      of the tapes?

      Many thanks for your help or input!
      John
      "OTRL2" -- (also a fan of OldTime dramatic Radio --
      I've got lots of that to trade if anyone would
      consider loaning me some SP in exchange for OTR. <g>)

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com