SP owner is Mr. Puneet Dureja of Nihali Entertainment

  • mimmo.briganti
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 20, 2007
      Just a minor correction.

      Today I received clarification that the owner of Strange Paradise is
      Mr. Puneet Dureja of Nihali Entertainment.

      If you want to see SP on DVD, please contact:

      Jack Finkelstein
      jack@...

      (USA - NEW YORK) 917-592-6227

      Best,
      Dominic
    • Curt Ladnier

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 22, 2007
          Hi Curt, I don't remember seeing it on your page. Why didn't you
          post the information here when we were all discussing it a few weeks
          ago?

          The mystery was about Bryan and Emily's reluctance to disclose this
          information (first saying that the owners did not want their
          information disclosed, and later changing their story and saying THEY
          would not disclose it).

          Well, Bruce Raymond told me this isn't true. They WANT to hear from
          the fans, and now we find out that a webpage for the owner exists in
          open view for people wishing to license the show.

          Bruce is the Canadian distributor who sold the series to DIC in 2004
          and he was also involved in the production of the show back in 1969.
          He's in his 70s now and works from home. We had a very candid
          conversation over the phone and he invited me to meet him for a
          coffee near his home (we both live in Toronto). We discussed shows
          like the MOD SQUAD, from '68, now being released on DVD, as well as
          Rocket Robin Hood.

          At any rate, I'm trying to license the show myself (using my company)
          so that I can show it on the internet on a pay-per-view basis, but I
          have my doubts that I can break even. The interest just doesn't seem
          to be there. If I can license it, would you be interested in working
          with us so that we can anchor the pages to your website?

          Dom

          --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, Curt Ladnier
          <strangeparadiselibrary@...> wrote:

          > Just a quick FYI - this info regarding Jack Finkelstein and Nahali
          Entertainment has been available for some time now on the links page
          at my Maljardin.com. I didn't realize that there was any mystery to
          the matter. Season's greetings! -Curt

          > "mimmo.briganti" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Just a
          minor correction.

          > Today I received clarification that the owner of Strange Paradise
          is
          > Mr. Puneet Dureja of Nihali Entertainment.
          >
          > If you want to see SP on DVD, please contact:
          >
          > Jack Finkelstein
          > jack@...
          >
          > (USA - NEW YORK) 917-592-6227
          >
          > Best,
          > Dominic

          --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, Curt Ladnier
          <strangeparadiselibrary@...> wrote:

          > Just a quick FYI - this info regarding Jack Finkelstein and Nahali
          Entertainment has been available for some time now on the links page
          at my Maljardin.com. I didn't realize that there was any mystery to
          the matter. Season's greetings! -Curt

          > "mimmo.briganti" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Just a
          minor correction.

          > Today I received clarification that the owner of Strange Paradise
          is
          > Mr. Puneet Dureja of Nihali Entertainment.
          >
          > If you want to see SP on DVD, please contact:
          >
          > Jack Finkelstein
          > jack@...
          >
          > (USA - NEW YORK) 917-592-6227
          >
          > Best,
          > Dominic

        • Debby Graham
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 22, 2007
            Hi Dom, What is Rocket Robin Hood. I have seen the previews for
            Robin of Sherwood Forest, an adventure tv show that came out on dvd.

            Debby

            --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, mimmo.briganti <no_reply@...>
            wrote:

> [...]
            > >
            > > If you want to see SP on DVD, please contact:
            > >
            > > Jack Finkelstein
            > > jack@
            > >
            > > (USA - NEW YORK) 917-592-6227
            > >
            > > Best,
            > > Dominic

            > --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, Curt Ladnier
            > <strangeparadiselibrary@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Just a quick FYI - this info regarding Jack Finkelstein and Nahali
            > Entertainment has been available for some time now on the links page
            > at my Maljardin.com. I didn't realize that there was any mystery to
            > the matter. Season's greetings! -Curt
            > >
            > > "mimmo.briganti" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Just a
            > minor correction.
            > >
            > > Today I received clarification that the owner of Strange Paradise
            > is
            > > Mr. Puneet Dureja of Nihali Entertainment.
            > >
            > > If you want to see SP on DVD, please contact:

          • J. Garth Wilcox
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 22, 2007
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_Robin_Hood

              Rocket Robin Hood, known in French as Robin Fusée, is a Canadian
              animated television series produced by Krantz Films, Inc. from 1966
              to 1969. It takes the characters and conflicts associated with the
              classic legend of Robin Hood and sets it in a futuristic, outer space
              setting.

              On 22-Dec-07, at 10:22 AM, Debby Graham wrote:

              > Hi Dom, What is Rocket Robin Hood. I have seen the previews for
              > Robin of Sherwood Forest, an adventure tv show that came out on dvd.
              >
              > Debby

            • mimmo.briganti
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 22, 2007
                Hi Deb ... it's a cheap crude-animation 60s cartoon of Robin Hood,
                but set in 3000 AD with an intergalactic overtone. I remember
                watching it as a kid a little -- it sucked. Mr. D. just happens to
                own it with Strange Paradise.

                Robin Hood is going to DVD in Canada only (no US release) with an
                8,000 unit pressing. SP would have to match that.

                Dom

                --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "Debby Graham"
                <dnt61350@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > > >
                > > > (USA - NEW YORK) 917-592-6227
                > > >
                > > > Best,
                > > > Dominic

                > > --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, Curt Ladnier
                > > <strangeparadiselibrary@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Just a quick FYI - this info regarding Jack Finkelstein and
                Nahali
                > > Entertainment has been available for some time now on the links
                page
                > > at my Maljardin.com. I didn't realize that there was any mystery
                > > the matter. Season's greetings! -Curt
                > > >
                > > > "mimmo.briganti" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                Just a
                > > minor correction.
                > > >
                > > > Today I received clarification that the owner of Strange
                Paradise
                > > is
                > > > Mr. Puneet Dureja of Nihali Entertainment.
                > > >
                > > > If you want to see SP on DVD, please contact:

              • Curt Ladnier
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 23, 2007
                  Hi, Dom. Certainly, if you can license SP for webcast or pay-per-view broadcast, I'd certainly be glad to cover it on my site. I'm always happy to promote anything that brings the series closer to its fans. Keep us posted on your efforts, and have a great holiday. -Curt

                  "mimmo.briganti" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Hi Curt, I don't remember seeing it on your page. Why didn't you

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 25, 2008
                    this is to domonic
                     this is mark from pittsburgh just wondering what the updaye is on the sp dvds you were sending me
                     let me know