Re: [Strange Paradise] tapes

  • everymothersson67
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 11, 2007
      Mark, look for 171 ... how many tapes are there? I can do quad
      transfers.

      I'll take that tape if nobody wants it -- and it's pretty obvious
      nobody wants any of them -- otherwise, they would have been claimed by
      now.

      --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, mark woda <fpcmarkw@...> wrote:

      > hey guys just an update
      > i was out at the warehouse this weekend and came
      > across some more tapes of the show and found the 3
      > that previously were missing and i thought were thrown
      > out or shipped out
      > also Jim Pearson will be in pittsburgh so I hope to
      > meet up with him and see what is going on
      > I will keep you all posted
      > mark

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Jonathan
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
        What's a Quad Transfer?
        Jonathan Michael Reiter
        jmr
        Mark, look for 171 ... how many tapes are there? I can do quad
        transfers.

        I'll take that tape if nobody wants it -- and it's pretty obvious
        nobody wants any of them -- otherwise, they would have been claimed by
        now.

        --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, mark woda <fpcmarkw@...> wrote:

        > hey guys just an update
        > i was out at the warehouse this weekend and came
        > across some more tapes of the show and found the 3
        > that previously were missing and i thought were thrown
        > out or shipped out
        > also Jim Pearson will be in pittsburgh so I hope to
        > meet up with him and see what is going on
        > I will keep you all posted
        > mark

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • everymothersson67
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
          Quad is short form for Quadruplex. It was the commercial video tape
          format in use in the late 1960s and early/mid 1970s. It is now
          obsolete, and very few machines survived that can play those tapes.

          When I did a website for a 60s group Every Mothers' Son, I was
          involved in transferring vintage material off quad tapes and on to
          DVD, so I can get the job done. There's no point in examining any
          of the tapes other than 171 -- quad transfers are expensive, and all
          the other episodes have already been remastered on to newer formats.

          In addition, those tapes may be severely degraded anyway.

          Dom

          --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan <jmrmpd@...> wrote:

          > What's a Quad Transfer?
          > Jonathan Michael Reiter
          > jmr

        • Jonathan
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
            I'm Interested in getting Strange Paradise on DVD... Who would I talk to, if you're not the one I should be talking to?
            Jonathan Michael Reiter
            jmr
            Quad is short form for Quadruplex. It was the commercial video tape
            format in use in the late 1960s and early/mid 1970s. It is now
            obsolete, and very few machines survived that can play those tapes.

            When I did a website for a 60s group Every Mothers' Son, I was
            involved in transferring vintage material off quad tapes and on to
            DVD, so I can get the job done. There's no point in examining any
            of the tapes other than 171 -- quad transfers are expensive, and all
            the other episodes have already been remastered on to newer formats.

            In addition, those tapes may be severely degraded anyway.

            Dom

            --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan <jmrmpd@...> wrote:

            > What's a Quad Transfer?
            > Jonathan Michael Reiter
            > jmr

          • everymothersson67
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
              Jonathan,

              Currently, the show is not available on DVD. There are bootlegs
              available on the internet, but the quality isn't that good. I had
              planned on recording all the shows off Drive-In Classics on gold DVD-
              R discs for our shows, but unfortunately, they skipped episodes, and
              then pulled the series altogether.

              I am currently looking to get the whole series on DVD myself for our
              webcasts. Debby Graham sent me discs, but unfortunately, they don't
              seem to work very well with the software I'm using.

              If anyone out there reading this has a full DVD set recorded off
              DIC, not from the Centaur tapes, and is willing to loan them to me,
              I can have them transcoded to Flash Video so that we can air
              automated webcasts 7 nights a week.

              I can still make Debby's discs work, but the problem is I have to re-
              record them at normal speed, and that takes forever. It would take
              me about 50 hours to redo the first 100. The other problem is the
              first 100 episodes are not separated, so I can't put them in the
              video library either.

              Either way, I will do another 5-in-a-row this Friday night, and I'm
              tossing in an episode of the original Twilight Zone to boot.

            • Jonathan
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
                WAY, WAY COOL!!!!!!!
                Thanks!
                Jonathan Michael Reiter
                jmr
                Currently, the show is not available on DVD. There are bootlegs
                available on the internet, but the quality isn't that good. I had
                planned on recording all the shows off Drive-In Classics on gold DVD-
                R discs for our shows, but unfortunately, they skipped episodes, and
                then pulled the series altogether.

                I am currently looking to get the whole series on DVD myself for our
                webcasts. Debby Graham sent me discs, but unfortunately, they don't
                seem to work very well with the software I'm using.

                If anyone out there reading this has a full DVD set recorded off
                DIC, not from the Centaur tapes, and is willing to loan them to me,
                I can have them transcoded to Flash Video so that we can air
                automated webcasts 7 nights a week.

                I can still make Debby's discs work, but the problem is I have to re-
                record them at normal speed, and that takes forever. It would take
                me about 50 hours to redo the first 100. The other problem is the
                first 100 episodes are not separated, so I can't put them in the
                video library either.

                Either way, I will do another 5-in-a-row this Friday night, and I'm
                tossing in an episode of the original Twilight Zone to boot.

                Dom.

                --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan <jmrmpd@...> wrote:

                > I'm Interested in getting Strange Paradise on DVD... Who would I
                talk to, if you're not the one I should be talking to?
                > Jonathan Michael Reiter
                > jmr

              • dawn_nakroshis_com
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
                  --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "everymothersson67"
                  <everymothersson67@...> wrote:

                  > Either way, I will do another 5-in-a-row this Friday night, and I'm
                  > tossing in an episode of the original Twilight Zone to boot.
                  >
                  > Dom.

                  Dom - thanks for going above and beyond for all of us! What time
                  should we be there on Friday?

                  Dawn
                • everymothersson67
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 13, 2007
                    Same as last week ... 9:30 pm - 11:30 pm ET.

                    Episodes 71, 72, 73, 74, and 75 all back-to-back, non-stop, and
                    commercial free.

                    --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "dawn_nakroshis_com"
                    <dawn@...> wrote:

                    > --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "everymothersson67"
                    > <everymothersson67@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Either way, I will do another 5-in-a-row this Friday night, and
                    I'm
                    > > tossing in an episode of the original Twilight Zone to boot.
                    > >
                    > > Dom.
                    > >
                    > Dom - thanks for going above and beyond for all of us! What time
                    > should we be there on Friday?
                    >
                    > Dawn

                  • mark woda
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 18, 2007
                      Bryan,
                      I need your address again as I have found part of the
                      press kit that Centaur Distribution put out and made a
                      copy for you
                      also I did an extensive look in the vault and have a
                      complete list of the tapes that are in there for
                      whoever needs them

                      2 inch quad tapes (single tapes)
                      episodes double #'S are two tapes with same episode
                      number
                      1-12
                      13,13
                      14-17
                      18,18
                      19-22
                      25-32
                      34
                      35
                      36,36a
                      37-61
                      63-69
                      70,70
                      71-74
                      77-100
                      102-120
                      122
                      123
                      125-136
                      137,137
                      138,138
                      139-142
                      145-151
                      153-161
                      163
                      167-170
                      172-178
                      180-182
                      184
                      186-190
                      191,191
                      192-195

                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      1 inch centaur tapes (all with orange master labels_
                      3 episodes on a tape
                      episodes
                      1-164
                      167-195
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      extra 1 inch tapes in vault
                      episode
                      33--vtr
                      67-vtr
                      75-tvsc
                      76-tvsc
                      101-vtr
                      121-vtr
                      124-centaur
                      143-centaur
                      144-centaur
                      171-vtr

                      vtr-vtr production limited
                      tvsc-no list as to what it is
                      centaur-centaur

                      i hope this helps whoever is the owner and to speed
                      things along

                    • everymothersson67
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 18, 2007
                        I'll take 171 !!

                        Those are all quads -- nobody's going to want them. Only vintage
                        video restoration houses have machines that can play those tapes.

                        Mark, can you "borrow" 171 and then return it after we've made a
                        copy -- even if the audio is gone, maybe the video is still intact.

                        Dominic