Re: [Strange Paradise] tapes

  • mark woda
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 11, 2007
      hey guys just an update
      i was out at the warehouse this weekend and came
      across some more tapes of the show and found the 3
      that previously were missing and i thought were thrown
      out or shipped out
      also Jim Pearson will be in pittsburgh so I hope to
      meet up with him and see what is going on
      I will keep you all posted
      mark

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • everymothersson67
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 11, 2007
        Mark, look for 171 ... how many tapes are there? I can do quad
        transfers.

        I'll take that tape if nobody wants it -- and it's pretty obvious
        nobody wants any of them -- otherwise, they would have been claimed by
        now.

        --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, mark woda <fpcmarkw@...> wrote:

        > hey guys just an update
        > i was out at the warehouse this weekend and came
        > across some more tapes of the show and found the 3
        > that previously were missing and i thought were thrown
        > out or shipped out
        > also Jim Pearson will be in pittsburgh so I hope to
        > meet up with him and see what is going on
        > I will keep you all posted
        > mark

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Jonathan
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
          What's a Quad Transfer?
          Jonathan Michael Reiter
          jmr
          Mark, look for 171 ... how many tapes are there? I can do quad
          transfers.

          I'll take that tape if nobody wants it -- and it's pretty obvious
          nobody wants any of them -- otherwise, they would have been claimed by
          now.

          --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, mark woda <fpcmarkw@...> wrote:

          > hey guys just an update
          > i was out at the warehouse this weekend and came
          > across some more tapes of the show and found the 3
          > that previously were missing and i thought were thrown
          > out or shipped out
          > also Jim Pearson will be in pittsburgh so I hope to
          > meet up with him and see what is going on
          > I will keep you all posted
          > mark

          > http://mail.yahoo.com

        • everymothersson67
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
            Quad is short form for Quadruplex. It was the commercial video tape
            format in use in the late 1960s and early/mid 1970s. It is now
            obsolete, and very few machines survived that can play those tapes.

            When I did a website for a 60s group Every Mothers' Son, I was
            involved in transferring vintage material off quad tapes and on to
            DVD, so I can get the job done. There's no point in examining any
            of the tapes other than 171 -- quad transfers are expensive, and all
            the other episodes have already been remastered on to newer formats.

            In addition, those tapes may be severely degraded anyway.

            Dom

            --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan <jmrmpd@...> wrote:

            > What's a Quad Transfer?
            > Jonathan Michael Reiter
            > jmr

          • Jonathan
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
              I'm Interested in getting Strange Paradise on DVD... Who would I talk to, if you're not the one I should be talking to?
              Jonathan Michael Reiter
              jmr
              Quad is short form for Quadruplex. It was the commercial video tape
              format in use in the late 1960s and early/mid 1970s. It is now
              obsolete, and very few machines survived that can play those tapes.

              When I did a website for a 60s group Every Mothers' Son, I was
              involved in transferring vintage material off quad tapes and on to
              DVD, so I can get the job done. There's no point in examining any
              of the tapes other than 171 -- quad transfers are expensive, and all
              the other episodes have already been remastered on to newer formats.

              In addition, those tapes may be severely degraded anyway.

              Dom

              --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan <jmrmpd@...> wrote:

              > What's a Quad Transfer?
              > Jonathan Michael Reiter
              > jmr

            • everymothersson67
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
                Jonathan,

                Currently, the show is not available on DVD. There are bootlegs
                available on the internet, but the quality isn't that good. I had
                planned on recording all the shows off Drive-In Classics on gold DVD-
                R discs for our shows, but unfortunately, they skipped episodes, and
                then pulled the series altogether.

                I am currently looking to get the whole series on DVD myself for our
                webcasts. Debby Graham sent me discs, but unfortunately, they don't
                seem to work very well with the software I'm using.

                If anyone out there reading this has a full DVD set recorded off
                DIC, not from the Centaur tapes, and is willing to loan them to me,
                I can have them transcoded to Flash Video so that we can air
                automated webcasts 7 nights a week.

                I can still make Debby's discs work, but the problem is I have to re-
                record them at normal speed, and that takes forever. It would take
                me about 50 hours to redo the first 100. The other problem is the
                first 100 episodes are not separated, so I can't put them in the
                video library either.

                Either way, I will do another 5-in-a-row this Friday night, and I'm
                tossing in an episode of the original Twilight Zone to boot.

              • Jonathan
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
                  WAY, WAY COOL!!!!!!!
                  Thanks!
                  Jonathan Michael Reiter
                  jmr
                  Currently, the show is not available on DVD. There are bootlegs
                  available on the internet, but the quality isn't that good. I had
                  planned on recording all the shows off Drive-In Classics on gold DVD-
                  R discs for our shows, but unfortunately, they skipped episodes, and
                  then pulled the series altogether.

                  I am currently looking to get the whole series on DVD myself for our
                  webcasts. Debby Graham sent me discs, but unfortunately, they don't
                  seem to work very well with the software I'm using.

                  If anyone out there reading this has a full DVD set recorded off
                  DIC, not from the Centaur tapes, and is willing to loan them to me,
                  I can have them transcoded to Flash Video so that we can air
                  automated webcasts 7 nights a week.

                  I can still make Debby's discs work, but the problem is I have to re-
                  record them at normal speed, and that takes forever. It would take
                  me about 50 hours to redo the first 100. The other problem is the
                  first 100 episodes are not separated, so I can't put them in the
                  video library either.

                  Either way, I will do another 5-in-a-row this Friday night, and I'm
                  tossing in an episode of the original Twilight Zone to boot.

                  Dom.

                  --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan <jmrmpd@...> wrote:

                  > I'm Interested in getting Strange Paradise on DVD... Who would I
                  talk to, if you're not the one I should be talking to?
                  > Jonathan Michael Reiter
                  > jmr

                • dawn_nakroshis_com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 12, 2007
                    --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "everymothersson67"
                    <everymothersson67@...> wrote:

                    > Either way, I will do another 5-in-a-row this Friday night, and I'm
                    > tossing in an episode of the original Twilight Zone to boot.
                    >
                    > Dom.

                    Dom - thanks for going above and beyond for all of us! What time
                    should we be there on Friday?

                    Dawn
                  • everymothersson67
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 13, 2007
                      Same as last week ... 9:30 pm - 11:30 pm ET.

                      Episodes 71, 72, 73, 74, and 75 all back-to-back, non-stop, and
                      commercial free.

                      --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "dawn_nakroshis_com"
                      <dawn@...> wrote:

                      > --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "everymothersson67"
                      > <everymothersson67@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Either way, I will do another 5-in-a-row this Friday night, and
                      I'm
                      > > tossing in an episode of the original Twilight Zone to boot.
                      > >
                      > > Dom.
                      > >
                      > Dom - thanks for going above and beyond for all of us! What time
                      > should we be there on Friday?
                      >
                      > Dawn

                    • mark woda
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 18, 2007
                        Bryan,
                        I need your address again as I have found part of the
                        press kit that Centaur Distribution put out and made a
                        copy for you
                        also I did an extensive look in the vault and have a
                        complete list of the tapes that are in there for
                        whoever needs them

                        2 inch quad tapes (single tapes)
                        episodes double #'S are two tapes with same episode
                        number
                        1-12
                        13,13
                        14-17
                        18,18
                        19-22
                        25-32
                        34
                        35
                        36,36a
                        37-61
                        63-69
                        70,70
                        71-74
                        77-100
                        102-120
                        122
                        123
                        125-136
                        137,137
                        138,138
                        139-142
                        145-151
                        153-161
                        163
                        167-170
                        172-178
                        180-182
                        184
                        186-190
                        191,191
                        192-195

                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        1 inch centaur tapes (all with orange master labels_
                        3 episodes on a tape
                        episodes
                        1-164
                        167-195
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        extra 1 inch tapes in vault
                        episode
                        33--vtr
                        67-vtr
                        75-tvsc
                        76-tvsc
                        101-vtr
                        121-vtr
                        124-centaur
                        143-centaur
                        144-centaur
                        171-vtr

                        vtr-vtr production limited
                        tvsc-no list as to what it is
                        centaur-centaur

                        i hope this helps whoever is the owner and to speed
                        things along

                      • everymothersson67
                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 18, 2007
                          I'll take 171 !!

                          Those are all quads -- nobody's going to want them. Only vintage
                          video restoration houses have machines that can play those tapes.

                          Mark, can you "borrow" 171 and then return it after we've made a
                          copy -- even if the audio is gone, maybe the video is still intact.

                          Dominic