Re: [Strange Paradise] Re: Favorite Line of the Day

    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 6, 2007
      I like when Tim and Holly are conspiring to leave the island and Jaques/Jean Paul is on the stairs. They asked where he came from...he points up and then changes his mind and points downwards, "Actually, I am from down there."

      Debby Graham <dnt61350@...> wrote: Hi Ronny, I like the way you are starting to post the favorite line of
      the day. There are a lot of lines said by Jacques that also made me
      laugh. Especially when he seems to be talking outloud to the
      audience. I hope you continue doing this.

      Debby

      --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "greenronnyg"
      <greenronnyg@...> wrote:

      > I just finished episode #10, and I laughed aloud at this line:
      >
      > Jacques (as Jean Paul) to Tim: "Well, lets hurry we have a job ahead
      > of us if you are to convince Madame Desmond to sit for her portrait."
      >
      > How twisted and deliciously evil is that?
      >
      > Anyone else have a favorite line?

      Ron, the Dogfather & Bella, the Beagle -- Miss July 2007

      Bella's Dogster link: http://www.dogster.com/?430581

      DS Festival Photos: http://darkshadowsfests.shutterfly.com/
      Sleepytyme Beagles Calendar: http://my.calendars.net/ibarccalendar or: http://www.my.calendars.net/ibarccalendar

    • greenronnyg
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 6, 2007
        Yes, Ron, that is a good one also. It's from episode 11. I just
        watched it yesterday. hee hee

        Holly: "Mr. Desmond, where did you come from?"
        Jean Paul/Jacques (pointing up): "From up there -- No, excuse me from
        down there." (pointing downward) "Then I went up there."

        --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, Ron Janick

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 6, 2007
          From episode 12:
          Jacques: "Well there is a little devil in all of us."

          But "The Bitchiest Line of the Day" goes to none other than...
          Elizabeth Marshal!!!

          Elizabeth (to the Reverand): "The bible I see. I'm not surprised you
          find the need of a refresher course."

          Show some respect for the cloth, lady. Geesh!
        • Debby Graham
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 6, 2007
            I would like to add my favorite for the first five episodes.

            Episode 1
            Raxl to Jean Paul: "There are forces here of ancient evil, good and
            evil that you must not tempt to rise and you will. Let your poor
            wife rest in peace. Do you dare to fly in the face of God?"
            "On this Island from this moment forward I am God." Jean Paul says
            to Raxl

            Episode 2
            "Monsieur Monsieur Desmond." Raxl calls out to Jean Paul from
            outside his door.
            "What is it Raxl?" Jacques asks.
            "The doll and pin?"
            "What about them?"
            "Do you have them?"
            "Why?"
            "So I can drive the silver sword through the temple."
            "Raxl!" Jacques shouts her name. "Raxl witchcraft is a dead art."

            Episode 3
            Reverend Dawson talks to Elizabeth Marhal as they stand in the
            church. "You can not legislate love. It has to be earned."
            "My real sin is trying to convince Holly that some day you might
            prove to be a fit mother."

            Episode 4
            Jacques turns to Raxl as she tells him he should eat something. "Of
            course Raxl lunch for everybody and wine. This is an occassion to
            celebrate." Jacques says as he pats Raxl's cheeks.
            Raxl walks to the table carrying a tray for the men from the Cryonics
            society. She stands next to Jacques. "Come Raxl." he slaps her on
            the bottom "This isn't a wake, it's a start of a reincarnation."

            Episode 5
            In episode five the murders start. "I'll have Quito notify the police
            on the Mainland." Raxl says to Jean Paul.
            "Oh there won't be any necessity for that. Circumstances have left
            us with an empty coffin. Don't you remember? Your Mistress has
            moved to other quarters." Jean Paul (Jacques) says to Raxl.

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 11, 2007
              From episode #13:

              Jean/Jacques to Mrs. Marshall:

              "Would it be presumptious of me to say that you bring out the Devil in
              me?"
            • greenronnyg
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 12, 2007
                From episode #14:

                Jean/Jacques (on Mrs. Marshall): "Me thinks the lady does detest too
                much!"

                I think this is a play on a line from Shakespeare: "Me thinks the lady
                does protest too much!", but I don't remember what play.
              • Debby Graham
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 12, 2007
                  Hi Ronny, I think Jacques was talking to Alison. Before that line
                  Alison tells him. "I find you and everything you've done distasteful
                  and revolting." I have heard the Shakespear line before but I don't
                  know from which play it came from. Debby

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 12, 2007
                    You're right. I'm getting my characters mixed up. I just assumed it
                    was Mrs. Marshall because of the negative statement. I also think I
                    spelled "does" wrong. It should be: "Me thinks the lady doth detest
                    too much!"

                    --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "Debby Graham" <dnt61350@...>

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 12, 2007
                      Nevermind. I just Googled it. It's a line from Hamlet:

                      "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

                      --From Hamlet (III, ii, 239)
                      [Jump to the quote in the text of the play]

                      Queen Gertrude speaks these famous words to her son, Prince Hamlet,
                      while watching a play at court. Gertrude does not realize that Hamlet
                      has staged this play to trap her and her new husband, King Claudius,
                      whom Hamlet suspects of having murdered his father. She also does not
                      realize that the lady who "doth protest too much" is actually herself,
                      as the Player King and Queen represent King Hamlet and Queen Gertrude.
                      The former will be poisoned (in this play within the play) by the
                      king's brother, as in reality (Hamlet suspects) Claudius killed King
                      Hamlet. Gertrude's statement is in response to the play-Queen's
                      repetitive statements of loyalty to and love of her first husband.

                      wrote:

                      > Hi Ronny, I think Jacques was talking to Alison. Before that line
                      > Alison tells him. "I find you and everything you've done distasteful
                      > and revolting." I have heard the Shakespear line before but I don't
                      > know from which play it came from. Debby
                      >
                      > --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, "greenronnyg"
                      > <greenronnyg@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > From episode #14:
                      > >
                      > > Jean/Jacques (on Mrs. Marshall): "Me thinks the lady does detest too
                      > > much!"
                      > >
                      > > I think this is a play on a line from Shakespeare: "Me thinks the lady
                      > > does protest too much!", but I don't remember what play.

                    • Jonathan
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 13, 2007
                        That came from Hamlet, III, ii, 239... That's where Queen Gertrude is watching a play with (Prince) Hamlet...
                        And she doesn't know she's talking about herself, either...
                        Jonathan Michael Reiter
                        jmr