STRANGE PARADISE: Episode: 190 [Friday]

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2007
      Sorry so late in getting this out...

      Strange Paradise now has 2922 votes! We have fallen from place 28 to 29. We need more votes.

      Summaries written by Debby Graham . The slide presentation is the work of Ron Janick.
      ~Ron/Bella~
      Episode

      Ron, the Dogfather & Bella, the Beagle -- Miss July 2007

      Bella's Dogster link: http://www.dogster.com/?430581

      DS Festival Photos: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ronbellajanick/album
      Sleepytyme Beagles Calendar: http://my.calendars.net/ibarccalendar or: http://www.my.calendars.net/ibarccalendar

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2007
        OPPS! SORRY ABOUT THAT!

        Sorry so late in getting this out...

        Strange Paradise now has 2922 votes! We have fallen from place 28 to 29. We need more votes.

        Summaries written by Debby Graham . The slide presentation is the work of Ron Janick.
        ~Ron/Bella~
        Strange Paradise: Episode 190
        Episode 190a: Slideshow: http://tinyurl.com/23lmpp
        Episode 190b: Slideshow: http://tinyurl.com/23swgh

        Julian turns and walks towards Jacques’ portrait. Raxl follows him. “We must be prepared for what the ancient one decides.” Julian says. “Revoke your pledge to him.” Raxl tells him. “I can’t.” Julian says as he looks at Raxl. “You must or we will all be destroyed.” Julian turns towards Philip. “Give me the ashes.” Julian says to him as he holds his hand out. Philip walks up to Julian and places the box in his hand. Julian turns and walks up to Jacques portrait. “With these ashes from your sainted brother, with these relics of he who saved you from the penalty of death and torture I beseech you. Turn back those Spirits you have loosed on us.” Julian dips his finger in the ashes and runs the ash across the Jacques’ lips. “He does not respond.” “Continue try again.” Raxl says to him. “He will not speak to me.” Raxl steps over to Philip and touches his arm. “Perhaps he will listen to Mr. Philip.” Julian walks back to Philip and hands him the ashes. “Speak to him.”
        “I don’t know what to say.” “Ask for protection against the force that he has unleashed.” Philip glances up as he holds the box. “Orendo guide us.” “Do not call upon your own Spirit. We are dealing with a Master Demon. He does not allow others to influence you.” Julian says to him. “Then I’m alone.” “You are at the mercy of the past.” Julian says as he looks at the portrait. “Speak to Jacques Eloi Des Mondes.” Philip looks at the portrait as Raxl touches his arm. “Do not be afraid. The ashes in your hand will shield you.” Philip walks to the portrait. And holds the open box of ashes in his hand. “Preserve us from evil. Release us from the star, the heartbeat and the Mark of Death. Whatever your sin was in the distant past let these ashes erase it in our present.” Philip dips his finger in the ashes. “Free of from the retribution you have passed on to us.” Philip runs his finger across the lips of the portrait.

        Jean Paul gasps and covers his mouth with his hand. He glances around as the bells start to ring. “Yes what is it? Where are you?” Jean Paul asks as he glances around the room. “Yes I hear you. What do you want me to do? But I’m imprisoned here I cannot free myself.” Jean Paul nods. “I will wait.”

        “Release us from our eternal bondage to you. Let me return to my people without evil. Let Jean Paul and Emily Blair marry. Let them be free. Give us back our innocence once again. Oh ancestral Spirit I beseech you. ” Philip says to the portrait. Jacques begins to laugh. Philip turns in fear and looks at Julian.
        “Our supplication is in vain. We have failed.” Julian says then walks towards the door. “Don’t leave us!” Philip says to him. “I have no choice.” Julian says then walks from the room and up the staircase.

        Emily sits on her bed reading as Cort paces across the floor. “We’re at their mercy. They’ll come for us.” Cort says fearfully. “Don’t be afraid.” Cort stops next to her. “You don’t understand. They are downstairs planning our sacrifice right now. Then when they decide who it’s going to be they are going to come up and get us.” “Oh let them. We’ll be prepared for them.” Emily says as she looks at Cort. Cort sits down next to hr. “No it’s hopeless!” “Perhaps not we have this book.” “How is that going to help us?” “Listen. In the crowd that morning were all the noble men of Paris who came to make sure all their secrets were burned with the martyr. One of them a tall elegant young man watched without expression until the smoke and flames obscured the sight of the tortured saint.” Emily reads as the sound of bells fill the room. Emily glances up. “Do you hear them? Can you hear them Cort?" Cort looks at her. “Hear what?” “The bells they are ringing again.” “I can’t
        hear anything.” Emily sets the book on the bed and stands. “Susan, Susan I hear you. What do we do now? Where do we turn? Help us.”
        Jean Paul also hears the bells. “Yes I hear you. I will not fear you.” Jean Paul takes a step then turns back. He stares straight ahead. “Smoke and flames purify the dissolution of my misspent days. Please acquit me, let me stand within the shelter of his innocence. Make him the saint he has always wanted to be!” Jacques in Jean Paul’s body shouts. “But give me life forever! So that I may never have to face my own judgment!” Jean Paul stiffens then turns away and covers his face with his hands. He straightens and glances up. “Philippe, Philippe my little brother is it all over?” He steps forward. “I didn’t mean you any harm. I didn’t want you to die like this! But you insisted! Why!” He shouts. “The time has come for you to join us now Jean Paul.” Julian says as he steps into the room.
        Jean Paul gives a shudder and gasps. He glances at Julian then away. “Why did you lock me in this room? “It was not I who locked the door.” “Who was it then?” Jean Paul asks then turns away from Julian. “One that wanted you safe until your presence was required.” Jean Paul steps away from Julian. “I don’t want to face him! I cannot go!” “Come, come Jean Paul our masks are being stripped one by one.” Jean Paul shakes his head. “We will be as we were long ago not as we think we are today.” Julian says to him. “No don’t force me!” Jean Paul cries out. And turns away. “Don’t force me to face him!” Jean Paul turns towards Julian. “I made a bargain with him once before.” “That bargain is terminated.” Julian says to him. “Are you certain?” “There is another step you must take. Will you come with me?” Julian says as he grabs Jean Paul’s arm. Jean Paul pulls away. “NO!” he shouts and turns away. “I don’t want everything I’ve lived for to be washed away. Now return
        without me. Lock me in here again and I will perish here!” “It is not locks and keys that imprison you Jean Paul Desmond. It is your mind.” “Are you telling me I’m insane?” “What you are and what you think you’ve done exist only in your head.” Jean Paul glances away. “Then I am mad.”
        Julian touches his arm. “Take this step with me and we will restore your sanity.”
        Jean Paul shakes his head. “I dare not!” “Face the source of all your evil.”
        Jean Paul glances at Julian. “I will lose Emily.” “We do not know that Jean Paul.”
        “I will lose my life as Benjamin Desmond lost his. As my brother did.” Julian lowers his hand. “Perhaps you will.” “Julian help me. That’s why you came here.”
        “My duty is to help you. To open the door to which you must pass. To perdition or to salvation.” Jean Paul looks away. “I cannot pass through it alone!” “You will not be alone. You will be surrounded by your kinsmen past and present.” Julian says as he walks to the door and looks back at Jean Paul. “Will you join us?”
        Jean Paul stands and trembles then turns and looks at Julian. “I will leave the door open for you. When you desire your freedom enough to risk the present for the sake of the future you will go through the door and come to us.” Julian turns and walks through the closed door. Jean Paul looks away.

        “To long have I wandered from the path of my people. Betrayed my Gods to gain my own safety. Now I can stray no more. I am willing to except what must be.” Philip says as he stands next to Raxl. “Speak your mind. Do not hide your thoughts. Philip lifts his head. “Orendo hear me. I beg your forgiveness for using you against your will. From bringing you from your natural home to here among these strangers. I deceived you. If I must die in atonement so be it.” “You will not die.” Raxl says to him as she walks around him. Philip glances at her. “Then someone else will.” “Who ever the ancient one chooses.” “I will offer my life in exchange.” Raxl steps away. “That is not possible.” “It is my decision.” “We do not make these decisions. Whether we live or die is beyond our choice. Be patient the time draws near when all of us will find the paths that must be taken.”
        Philip glances at her. “All of us?” “We are but an instrument of a higher power. It is in his service that our lives are decided.” Philip turns and faces her. “Why are we in his service Raxl?” “Mr. Philip if we knew that reason we would have ended it centuries ago.” “Then why are we able to end it tonight?” “By the coincidence of their fates the people who can release the Desmonds from the curse of generations are here together. In this time and in this place.” The bells ring and Emily calls out. “Susan I hear you. Tell me what to do.” Emily glances around and her hand raises and she turns and walks close to the bed. Cort stands. “Emily are you all right?” “I don’t really know. It’s as if someone was telling me what to do.” Again the bells ring. Emily glances down at the document. The words change from Latin to English. Emily reaches down and picks it up and reads it. “My Lord and Master Lucifer. I acknowledge thee as Prince and promise to serve and obey thee even
        beyond my life on earth. I will perform your evil and draw others into your service. If I fail in this pledge I give you as hostage any male descendants you shall name in perpetuity.” Cort steps closer to Emily. “Who wrote that?” “There is no signature.” Emily says as she looks it over. “Someone must have signed it.” Emily shakes her head. “No there’s just the mark. The Mark of Death.” “The Devil’s mark.” Cort says as he looks at the document.
        There is a knock at the door. Cort and Emily jump nervously. “Who’s there?” Cort calls out. “Jean Paul may I cone in?” Cort walks towards the door. “The door is locked we can’t get it open.” Jean Paul grips the knob and opens the door and enters the room. “But it was locked. I tried it myself.” Cort says as he points at himself. “I swear it. Wasn’t it Emily?” Cort says as he turns and looks at Emily.
        “Jean Paul come here and look at this.” Emily calls out to Jean Paul. Jean Paul walks across the room. Emily hands him the document. Jean Paul reads it. “It’s becoming clear. This is a contract with the Devil.” “What should we do with it?”
        “Keep it until we need it.” Jean Paul tells her as he hands it back to her then looks at Cort. “Cort go outside and wait and don’t let anyone in. Do you understand?” Cort nods and steps out of the room closing the door behind him.
        Jean Paul turns towards Emily and holds her by the arms. “Emily you wait here too. No matter what happens tonight I want you to know I love you more than anything in this world. Even my own life.” Emily steps into his arms. “No don’t say that.” Jean Paul holds her tighter. “Tonight we’re at the mercy of the centuries. Either we survive or we are destroyed.”

        Philip and Raxl stand next to the fireplace looking up at Jacques portrait. They look across the room as Julian walks into the room and comes up to them. “We will begin again. We will summon the others.” Julian says then reaches out and picks up the box of ashes. “Now step back behind me both of you.” Raxl and Philip step behind Julian and face the portrait. Julian steps up to the portrait and raises the ashes in front of it. “Now in the secrecy of night we are ready to begin the ceremony of atonement. Send me the Desmonds you require for the ritual. Bring them from their rest. Bring them from their post that they have been assigned.” Cort turns his head and stares ahead. Then steps away from the door.

        “Send me the Desmond whose fates are determined by your choice tonight. Bring them from the arms they love.”

        Jean Paul jerks and looks up. “What is it?” Emily asks. Jean Paul turns and looks at the door. “I must go.” “Let me go with you.” Emily says. “No not yet.”
        “But when?” “You will know and when you do bring the document with you.” He hands the document to her then walks across the room and opens the door.
        “Please be careful and remember that I love you.’ Emily says to him. Jean Paul turns towards her. “Trust me.” He touches her face and kisses her then turns and walks from the room.

        “We your servants will do your bidding as we have done in the past.” Julian says as he dips his finger in the ashes then runs it across the lips of Jacques portrait.
        Jacques begins to laugh. “Do not mock us. We approach you with innocence of spirit and with pleas for help.” Jacques continues to laugh at him. He becomes silent as Julian turns and looks at the doorway. “Come in my boy. We’ve been expecting you.” Julian says to Cort. Cort enters the room and walks over to Julian. Jean Paul walks through the doorway and stops. He looks at Julian. “You summoned me?” “You were summoned but I did not do it. Come in.” Jean Paul walks over to the others. Julian walks to Raxl and takes her arm. “You will leave us now.” He starts to walk her across the room. Raxl stops. “I will not!” Julian lowers his hand. “It is an order.” “You will pay dearly for this Julian Desmond.” Raxl says then walks from the room. Julian walks to the doors and closes them. Then turning he walks back to Philip, Jean Paul and Cort. “You men of the Desmond line join hands together before the image of your ancestor.” Julian says facing them with his back towards
        the portrait. They form a line facing Julian,
        Cort and Philip on the outside with Jean Paul in the center. They hold hands and bow their heads as Julian stands behind them. “Jacques Eloi Des Mondes look upon these your descendants. Give them the knowledge of your true nature. Give them the strength to bring their lives upon your altar at the ultimate sacrifice.” The three stand in front of Jacques’ portrait. “Look to the portrait each of you and each of you make a plea for what you want most in this life. First you Cort.”” Julian says to Cort. The three men look up at the portrait. “I want my mother to have happiness and contentment the rest of her life please.” says Cort.
        “Now you Philip.” Julian tells him. “Bring prosperity and peace to my people. Give them health and happiness. Let my memory be fresh in their minds forever. And tell Orendo we shall meet when we both are free.’ Philip says then lowers his eyes. “Jean Paul it’s your turn.” “Keep Emily free from harm. May she live forever sheltered by my love.” “Now turn from the portrait and make room for me.” Julian tells them. Cort walks behind the couch followed by Jean Paul and Philip. They turn and face Julian. Julian stands in front of the portrait. “You have heard them now choose. The purest goes to you.”

        Emily sits on her bed. She holds the document while reading the book. There is a knock at her door. She glances up and closes the book as the door opens and Raxl walks in. Emily stands and walks over to her. “What are they doing?” Emily asks. “They are summoning the evil Spirit of the Desmonds.” “For what purpose?” “He will decide who must pay the price for his ancient sin.” “He must be stopped.” Raxl shakes her head and turns away. “That’s not possible.” “Are you sure? Have you tried everything?” “If he could have been stopped do you think we would have endured this century after century?” “We? What do you mean?” Raxl turns and faces Emily. “I and Julian.” “And Susan O’Claire?”
        “Susan was an outsider. She brought us the means but she would not assist in the method.” “She left that for me.” Emily says as she turns and picks up the document. “Do not delude yourself Miss Blair.” Emily turns towards Raxl. “The past is no longer a mystery.” She says as she shows Raxl the document. “All we need to know is who signed it, and I shall find out that too.” Emily says as she starts to walk across the room. Raxl puts out her hand and grabs Emily spinning her around. “Miss Blair do not reveal the signature on that document!” Emily pulls away. Raxl steps in front of the door. “Where are you going?” “Downstairs to bring some new evidence to the Desmond ritual!” Emily tells her. “Listen to me you will not survive the night if you take that to him.” “You will not stand in my way. Do you hear me?” Emily says as she raises the document in front of Raxl.
        Raxl moves away from the document as Emily opens the door and leaves the room. Raxl walks to the window and glances out. The star is in the sky. Releasing the drapes she disappears.

        “From the distant past choose from your descendants the one who serves your purpose best. Bind him to your side. In memory of the flames that consumed your brother. In memory of the covenant signed to save our lives. In memory of the rage of the King and the fury of the populace. In memory of all of us choose the pure in spirit who will bring light into the darkness of the other world. And walk with us forever.” The bells ring as Julian peaks to the portrait. They stop as the heartbeat starts. Julian raises his hands in front of the portrait. “I leave you to your choice oh ancient one.” Julian says then disappears. The sound of the heartbeat comes to all three men. They look around. “Do you hear that?” Philip asks. “It can’t be!” Cort cries out. “No! It’s a trick!” Jean Paul shouts as he rushes towards the fireplace. He reaches for the box of ashes and pulls his hand away as the mark appears on his hand. He steps away from the fireplace. Philip rushes over and grabs
        the box as the mark appears on his hand. “It’s mine!” Cort says rushing to the fireplace and grabs Philip’s arm. “It can save me!” “It’s mine!” Philip tells him. Jean Paul turns towards them as they look at their hands. He walks over to them and holds out his hand towards them. All three of them have the Mark of Death upon their hands. Emily stands in the doorway. “Jean Paul you said I’d know when to come.” “Go back Emily! Run Emily run!” Jean Paul shouts. Emily steps into the room. “What’s the matter?” Philip, Cort and Jean Paul look at her. They walk towards her as Emily backs away.