Re: [Strange Paradise] Re: What did the writers do to "our" Raxl?

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2007
      This proves the writers weren't thinking when they drastically changed Raxl's character. There are so many inconsistencies...If Raxl and the Conjure Man imprisoned Jacques, then how could she have always been inleague with him? Then she would have been over-joyed to have him released. Also, the way the Mark came into being at the beginning of the series was due to the pact Jean Paul made with the devil. In fact Jacques sort of warned him about what could happen with such a pact, almost giving Jean Paul a chance to change his mind.

      Debby Graham <dnt61350@...> wrote: If we go with the idea that Raxl lived so long because she was
      Jacques servant what did he do to her that would make her use the
      Conjure doll and silver pin to trap him? Anyone have any ideas? Also
      from her behavior at Desmond Hall is Jacques actually controling her
      so she has no free will.

      Debby

      --- In strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com, Ron Janick
      <ronbellajanick@...> wrote:

      > I still can't figure out how the writers expect us to believe that
      Raxl has always been on Jacques' side. Did they think we were that
      stupid? I still can't get the scene in the very 1st episode when Jean
      Paul removes the pin and Raxl screams. During that story arc, she
      kept telling the portrait she was going to send him back to Hell.
      She never forgave him for killing his wife, her mistress. If I
      remember correctly, wasn't it the Conjure Man with Raxl that
      imprisoned Jacques? And she kept reminding Quito that Jean Paul was
      his Master and NOT Jacques.

      > I would have loved for this series to have lasted, at least, as
      long as Dark Shadows. Also, it would have been nice for someone to
      re-present the show like they did in 1991 for Dark Shadows.

      http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ronbellajanick/album

      http://my.calendars.net/ibarccalendar

      Sleepytyme Beagles Calendar: http://my.calendars.net/ibarccalendar or: http://www.my.calendars.net/ibarccalendar