Re: [Strange Paradise] WHO IS QUITO???

  • Thomas Graham
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 7, 2006
      I just watched episode 16 Jean Paul and the Reverend are talking about zombies, Quito overhears and becomes upset. When the reverend waits for Jean Paul in the Great Hall , Jean Paul is late .He explains he had to talk to Quito because he was hurt hearing what they were saying. Quito's feelings are hurt quite a few times through the show so I agree he really isn't a zombie in the sense we see them on other movies.

      Debby

      Ron Janick <ronbellajanick@...> wrote:
      David, you are right. In one episode when Raxl wants Quito to answer some questions, he writes in the sand. Then when he was doing it again, Raxl stopped him and padded her hand on his. Seems Raxl does have some affect for the big guy. Then in the rest of the scene when Raxl wants him to go see the Conjure Man, Quito gets upset and Raxl says, "He won't hurt you, again." At the least I thought I heard that....I wonder what that could mean? It would explain his fear of the man and of the Temple of the Serpents.

      yorktowncmdr@... wrote: In the series it wasn't clear that Raxl and Quito were married, but I'm not
      quick to dismiss that possibility.

      Without saying so Quito seemed to have been a bit more that just a zombie.
      In the beginning Quito lifted chunks of dry ice without batting an eyelid
      though Quito was capable of more expression than the typical zombie. Holly used
      the term "zombie" which did upset Quito. Despite his state and quality of
      being Quito resented being called a zombie.

      David

      > That's Right. I used to think that, but I found out a long time ago, that
      > it was indeed Kurt Scheigl. I don't remember who long ago it was, but it was
      > a long time ago...

      Ron & Bella, the Beagle
      Results for the B.O.N.E.S's 2007 Calendar Contest: http://www.bonesbeagles.org/Calendar2007/winners.html

      DS Festival Photos: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ronbellajanick/album

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 7, 2006
        But if his feelings are hurt hearing them talk about zombies, might it be because he is and is hurt by their mis-understand of zombies. On Dark Shadows, they changed how vampires and witches should act, according to legend. Some vampires had reflections in mirrors and Angelique and Nicholas Blair, 2 witches, are repealed by crosses. TV writers change things to fit their needs for a particular show and the effect it would have on the viewers. Quito, no matter what, is one of my favorite characters on the show, along with Raxl. Heck, even Jacques is an interesting character compared to the dull Jean Paul. Colin must have had a fun time changing from character to character in a single episode.

        Thomas Graham <dnt61350@...> wrote: I just watched episode 16 Jean Paul and the Reverend are talking about zombies, Quito overhears and becomes upset. When the reverend waits for Jean Paul in the Great Hall , Jean Paul is late .He explains he had to talk to Quito because he was hurt hearing what they were saying. Quito's feelings are hurt quite a few times through the show so I agree he really isn't a zombie in the sense we see them on other movies.

        Debby

        Ron Janick <ronbellajanick@...> wrote:
        David, you are right. In one episode when Raxl wants Quito to answer some questions, he writes in the sand. Then when he was doing it again, Raxl stopped him and padded her hand on his. Seems Raxl does have some affect for the big guy. Then in the rest of the scene when Raxl wants him to go see the Conjure Man, Quito gets upset and Raxl says, "He won't hurt you, again." At the least I thought I heard that....I wonder what that could mean? It would explain his fear of the man and of the Temple of the Serpents.

        yorktowncmdr@... wrote: In the series it wasn't clear that Raxl and Quito were married, but I'm not
        quick to dismiss that possibility.

        Without saying so Quito seemed to have been a bit more that just a zombie.
        In the beginning Quito lifted chunks of dry ice without batting an eyelid
        though Quito was capable of more expression than the typical zombie. Holly used
        the term "zombie" which did upset Quito. Despite his state and quality of
        being Quito resented being called a zombie.

        David

        > That's Right. I used to think that, but I found out a long time ago, that
        > it was indeed Kurt Scheigl. I don't remember who long ago it was, but it was
        > a long time ago...

        Ron & Bella, the Beagle
        Results for the B.O.N.E.S's 2007 Calendar Contest: http://www.bonesbeagles.org/Calendar2007/winners.html

        DS Festival Photos: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ronbellajanick/album

        Ron & Bella, the Beagle
        Results for the B.O.N.E.S's 2007 Calendar Contest: http://www.bonesbeagles.org/Calendar2007/winners.html

        DS Festival Photos: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ronbellajanick/album

      • Jonathan Michael Reiter
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 7, 2006
          I always like Alison(Trudy Young). I thought she was hot!
          Jonathan Michael Reiter
          jmr

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 8, 2006
            I agree that Allison was hot - but she was played by the lovely Dawn
            Greenhalgh (pronounced Green-Hall), not Trudy Young. Young played
            Holly's roommate Dinah in episode #7 and the enigmatic Susan in the
            final 60+ episodes.