      From: Curt
      To: strangeparadise2@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:35 PM
      Subject: Re: [Strange Paradise] SP and SkaryGuyVideo.com

      Well, I'm sure that the set we orchestrated isn't the only batch of STRANGE PARADISE episodes recorded from Drive-In Classics (particularly as they wound up running the show for several years). However, ours is the only set that I can verify captured every single episode available thru DI-C's broadcasts, and recorded them in their proper sequence. The actual recording was done by a very kind video collector up in Ontario named Chris Brown. Oddly, he hates STRANGE PARADISE, but he was fabulously diligent about recording every installment of the series in exchange for a DVD recorder I sent him. We all owe him a huge debt of gratitude, as the set would have never come into existence without his hard work. I'm sorry to hear that some of the episodes have a greenish tinge on the completed DVD set. That may be a flaw in the broadcast masters, but it may also be an anomaly of the recording as the commercials were being removed from the set. I believe some color correction was done to try to tweak some of DI-C's more washed out prints, and that greenish hue in the darks could be a by-product. Oh well, perhaps some day Chiller or Scream or some other channel will air the series again, and we can do a comparison to see how the masters are holding up. We can certainly hope.