wipe or rinse?

  • Brian Donofrio
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2005
      both, But mainly wipe.

      I now use a second pass using wet fingers
      to provide locations that need to be retouched.
      The water from the fingers also acts as the lubricant.

      By going against the grain with only water I get a
      killer clean close shave.

      How do I know? I wipe

      ( on a lint free herringbone
      shaving towel I got from Ray classicshaving.com. )

      When no more whiskers appears on the
      towel just skin and water I know that all the
      whiskers have been completely removed.

      A good wipe technique also seems to
      help the razor retain it's keen.

      My soap lathers thick and sticks to the blade
      so swishing in the sink is a waste of time and
      one wrong move and you might ruin your razor.

      Leave the swishing to the Mach III crowd.
      Bunch of woosy swooshers! :-)
    • John Erickson
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2005
        Hi Brian!

        For some reason your first line seemed to me like a reply about the
        use of TP (Toilet Paper) it got funnier from there.

        Best wishes,

        John in Covina

        --- In straightrazorplace@yahoogroups.com, Brian Donofrio
        <briandonofrio@m...> wrote:
        > both, But mainly wipe.
        >
        > I now use a second pass using wet fingers
        > to provide locations that need to be retouched.
        > The water from the fingers also acts as the lubricant.
        >
        > By going against the grain with only water I get a
        > killer clean close shave.
        >
        > How do I know? I wipe
        >
        > ( on a lint free herringbone
        > shaving towel I got from Ray classicshaving.com. )
        >
        > When no more whiskers appears on the
        > towel just skin and water I know that all the
        > whiskers have been completely removed.
        >
        > A good wipe technique also seems to
        > help the razor retain it's keen.
        >
        > My soap lathers thick and sticks to the blade
        > so swishing in the sink is a waste of time and
        > one wrong move and you might ruin your razor.
        >
        > Leave the swishing to the Mach III crowd.
        > Bunch of woosy swooshers! :-)
      • little_olady
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2, 2005
          Of course I'm talking about shaving. But
          since you mentioned it.

          B'day ? = ass cleaner the thing next to the
          toilette in Europe they always tell us Americans
          not to piss in? It's a great idea. As my nasty old
          lady neighbor used to say to her kids.
          "CLEAN YOUR CROTCH."

          Europeans, Japanese and the Romans were/are rinsers. (ASS not shaving)
          Americans .... were bad stink ass wipers.
          God when are those Japanese computerized rinser toilets gonna
          become standard. I have some old co-workers who need it.
          Some are so fat I don't think they can reach their own A holes.
          I can smell em 30 feet away!

          So in conclusion Wipe when shaving with proper towel.
          Rinse when sh*tting ( preferably with soap and water .)
          Unless you drop perfect rose smelling rabbit pellets.

          I think thats all I got to say on the subject. I'll leave
          the wiping to the people at ass-wiping.com and it's
          associated groups.

          > For some reason your first line seemed to me like a reply about the
          > use of TP (Toilet Paper) it got funnier from there.
          >
          > Best wishes,
          >
          > John in Covina
          obviously a big ass fan with his
          mind in the gutter.