Re: Gold Bar?

  • jim beardsley
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
      Gold Bar is in the foothills of the Cascade Mts. in Washington
      State. It is called that cause there has been over 10 million
      bucks in gold taken out of this area..It is still activly mined,
      and gold panners flock to our streams....

      Sometimes there really is a reason for things, not mere sillyness..

      jim in Gold Bar

      --- In straightrazorplace@yahoogroups.com, Brian Donofrio
      <briandonofrio@m...> wrote:
      > Where is GOLD BAR.
      >
      > I think I'll sign off Brian
      >
      > in B&t F*&k Egypt.
      >
      > Everybody should sign like Jim
      > thats cool.
      >
      > Jack in assF*&k
      >
      > Tom in Silver Di*&^
      >
      > Rick in Hamster up the A %%
      >
      > Pete in Peter Puffer Ville
      >
      > Just kidding don't
      > get all militant on me.
      >
      > I want to see this gold bar is it
      > covered by the google satellite
      > map system.
      >
      > How is the water rich with old
      > mine drippings.
      >

      > Brian In Platinum Chunk
    • Joe Malin
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
        Dear Jim,

        When you say actively mined, is it commercial mining, or just panners?

        Hobbyists are still mining the American River in northern California.
        The American is prime rafting/kayaking territory, too. Occasionally as I
        drift down it on a hot weekend day, I see "panners" running suction
        pumps at their claims. They either wade or dive and use big pumps to
        suck up river bottom and filter out gold flakes. Some of the devices are
        quite sophisticated. I don't envy them, though; that water is *cold*,
        even in summer.

        Joe

      • heirphoto@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
          Jim,
          For criminies sake, your back! Don't ever scare us like that again. Glad to see you here.
          --
          Tony Miller
          www.thewellshavedgentleman.com