Progress report on the "Flyer Campaign" Sept. 28. 2012

  • stophighrises-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2012
      Hi Everybody;

      Today we hit the 1000 flyer mark. We have now covered all the areas cose to the development.

      Jim and I were going through the area south of the mall and then worked our way all the way to Fromme. The area just south of the mall is a maze of blue houses and in the process Jim and I got separated. While Jim concentrated on the Lynn Valley road eastward I was delving flyers in the rental and low income area on Emery place, the Kiwanis care home and the houses on Fromme Rd.

      On my way back I found the flyers were ripped off near Lynn Valley Mall and I replaced them again.

      What did I lean today;
      The area that we covered today was most likely one poorest neighbor hoods in Lynn Valley. This is exactly the area the new development target is. There are rental houses and the land lord would not hesitate to have their properties rezoned and make a bundle of money.

      I hope we can sign up enough people to make an impact at the hearing.

      All the best;
    • hazencolbert
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2012
        --- In stophighrises@yahoogroups.com, stophighrises-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > Hi Everybody;
        >
        > Today we hit the 1000 flyer mark. We have now covered all the areas cose to the development.
        >
        > Jim and I were going through the area south of the mall and then worked our way all the way to Fromme. The area just south of the mall is a maze of blue houses and in the process Jim and I got separated. While Jim concentrated on the Lynn Valley road eastward I was delving flyers in the rental and low income area on Emery place, the Kiwanis care home and the houses on Fromme Rd.
        >
        > On my way back I found the flyers were ripped off near Lynn Valley Mall and I replaced them again.
        >
        > What did I lean today;
        > The area that we covered today was most likely one poorest neighbor hoods in Lynn Valley. This is exactly the area the new development target is. There are rental houses and the land lord would not hesitate to have their properties rezoned and make a bundle of money.
        >
        > I hope we can sign up enough people to make an impact at the hearing.
        >
        > All the best;

        Hi All,

        I live in the Branches development. I have posted a notice to a link

        http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/no-high-rise-in-the-heart-of-lynn-valley/

        I have not seen any flyers. And I wonder how I might get some to hand out at Branches and at the Kiwanis Building.

        Regards,

        Hazen Colbert
      • alexschwarz237
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29, 2012
          Hi Hazen;

          I have uploadedd the flyer in PDF and in WORD format. Please check it out and give us your opinion in it. We are always open to suggestions.

          you can find the files here:

          Thanks;

          Alex