Re: [stooke] Shropshire

  • Xpatria40@...
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2014
      regarding the Kidderminster connection, I do have or did have that sorted out, should you wish to see it. I did feel they are part of the main family.

      Stookes-Shropshire..

       I can't reconcile the Stookes re -visiting towns in Shropshire,,,

      For example Susan Stooke, who married  Mr. Richard Lawrence, went back there to have her son Charles Edward, 1861, Mansell Lacey, Hereford;  instead of Clifton like the others...

      OR could this be a connection with the boat on the Teign to S Wales again as he was a mariner..

      Thomas the coachmaker's wife, Jane Burbage, b. 1812 East Knoyle, (of our Breakrough fame) not far from Westbury (Wilts.)
      Is there any possibility Westbury was NOT the Shropshire one?

       Too much:(

      P S K

      In a message dated 6/7/2014 5:06:30 A.M. Central Daylight Time, stooke@yahoogroups.com writes:

      The Kidderminster Stookes apparently came from Tiverton in Devon. I can find
      no connection between the Tiverton Stookes and the Ashton ones (my lot).

      There is a *possible* connection between the Dawlish Stookes and the Ashton
      ones.

      I've also been able to find no connection between the Ashton Stooks and the
      Christow ones, which is surprising, as they are quite close to each other.
      The Christow ones seem to have come from Widecombe.

      There also doesn't seem to be much connection between the Dawlish Stookes and
      the Teignmouth ones.

      --
      Keep well,
      Steve Hayes