62Re: [stooke] dawlish

  • Steve Hayes
    Jun 7, 2014
      On 7 Jun 2014 at 4:48, Xpatria40@... [stooke] wrote:

      > I can follow that up now. I am wondering about the Bath connection. Also why
      > there were so many Stookes in Kidderminster, so early. I have written before
      > about how I went down Hotwells Road and looked inside the Dowry Sq. hotel.
      > Now I know it was worth it! It's a quite a beautiful area. Also I have been
      > to Teignmouth, where they owned the West T. hotel, a huge place. I feel there
      > must be a connection with Dawlish there. I have a note on that somewhere.

      The Kidderminster Stookes apparently came from Tiverton in Devon. I can find
      no connection between the Tiverton Stookes and the Ashton ones (my lot).

      There is a *possible* connection between the Dawlish Stookes and the Ashton
      ones.

      I've also been able to find no connection between the Ashton Stooks and the
      Christow ones, which is surprising, as they are quite close to each other.
      The Christow ones seem to have come from Widecombe.

      There also doesn't seem to be much connection between the Dawlish Stookes and
      the Teignmouth ones.

      --
      Keep well,
      Steve Hayes