34RE: [stooke] Stooke-Wheeler links

  • Steve Hayes
    Feb 19, 2014
      On 18 Feb 2014 at 5:31, Kathy Riley wrote:

      > I have traced my Stooke links to: Charles William Stooke1 was born on 1
      > October 1815 in Clifton, Gloucester, England. Charles died in 1897 in London,
      > England.
      > On 21 May 1840 he married Mary Florence Richards in England. She was born
      > about 1813 in
      > Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England.

      Yes, there are a bunch of Stooke families from Bristol looking for
      connections, and that is one of them!

      > The son of Charles William Stooke, William Henry Stooke, migrated to America.
      > William Henry's son was Charles W. Stooke, my grandfather. And my father was
      > Charles Wesley Stooke.

      In my records I have William Henry Stooke marrying Hannah Maria Wheeler, and
      some of the children seem to have changed the surname to Wheeler. Do you know
      about that, or the reason for it?

      > Can anybody help me take my ancestry farther back into my English roots or
      > give me more background about who Charles William Stooke was?

      I have five children for Charles William Stooke and Mary Florence Richards. I
      could send you (off list) a GEDCOM of what I have on them and their
      descendants.

      --
      Keep well,
      Steve Hayes