Suggestions For Further Research Please

  • Paton Family
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2005
      Hi to all,

      I hope someone can help me. I have been trying to
      trace my family tree for several years now, & had
      great success with most of my lines, but my
      paternal line I just cannot get a grip of.

      I have traced the family back through all the
      censuses, checked the gro and parish records but
      still cannot find the correct connection.

      James Paton born 22, September 1765 in Knapperty
      Hillock, Old Deer d December 1849. I have this
      from his grave stone (which is no longer readable)
      along with many of his children and grandchildren.
      Also some other members of the family from before
      his birth giving a family tree back to the 1500's.

      What I cannot find though are his parents, can
      anyone suggest something between the 1841 census
      and the jacobite cess rolls that could help me
      find them or his siblings (if any)

      Martin