HERTFORD - not Hereford

  • Trevor Weeding
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2005
      My thanks (and apologies) to all those who offered
      help with my family's roots back to Herefordshire,
      UK.

      I misread an abbreviation - it's HERTFORDSHIRE that
      I am interested in.

      What I do find interesting is that my paternal
      grandfather's family come from here, just north/
      northwest of London (in Australia, we spit further
      than the distance from Watford to London - if the
      wind is in our favour. hehehe)and my father's family
      come from Surrey, a similar distance to the south of
      London.

      Of course, the distances back 200+ years ago would
      have seemed a lot further than they do today.

      Thanks again for everyone's help - now it's off to HERTFORDshire.

      Trevor.