Fw: [Stonehaven] Digest Number 1181

  • Janet
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2005
      I dont know who in particular this mail was from.
      See header that I have left. I mentioned earlier,
      McEwen's were, maybe still are, an established
      kiltmaking firm. Searching in LDS for McEwen
      with the precise spelling off, brings up numerous
      entries. For someone to have emigrated ca 1738/9
      they would have had to have been born ca 1718.

      As the other dates mentioned in your inquiry are
      around that time, its probably safe to search at
      that time here in Scotland. If however you are
      needing to trace them in America first, which
      sounds probable, perhaps we have some American
      citizens who know the ropes.

      It's very difficult to know where you want to
      start because it seems that you need to fill in
      some blanks in N. America first.

      Janet