5535WEEKLY UPDATE – DECEMBER 31, 2005

  • Jim
    Dec 31, 2005
      ------------ STONEHAVEN GENEALOGY ------------

      ----- WEEKLY UPDATE – DECEMBER 31, 2005 ------

      Effective December 31, 2005, Stonehaven Genealogy
      will discontinue posting messages on it's Message
      Board. At the request of a huge majority of the
      Membership however, the Message Archive and Links
      section of the site will be left open to both the
      general public and Members, but only Members will
      be able to view the Files, Photo's & Database
      Sections of the site.

      These sections of the Stonehaven Genealogy site will
      be updated by me whenever time permits, so if you
      have a photo or link, etc. that you would like to see
      posted on the site, please feel free to contact me at
      my email address listed below and I will be sure to
      download it for you ASAP.

      For those of you who are "Email Members".... if you do not have a
      Yahoo ID, you will not be able to log onto the site. If you wish to
      get a Yahoo ID, you may do so by going to the Stonehaven Genealogy
      Home Page and clicking on "JOIN THIS GROUP". You can then follow the
      instructions on the page that comes up to receive your "Free" ID.

      I would like to personally "THANK" everyone who has joined us over
      the past 4 years or so, and especially those members who stepped
      forward to help me run this great Group.

      These include the members of the Stonehaven Genealogy Committee.

      - Gord Haddow
      - Darrell Herd
      - Susanne Paradis
      - Kris Haynes
      - David Stephen
      - George Morgan
      - Susanne Paradis
      - Diana Mackie

      As well as some of my newest friends who I've had the luck of meeting
      through Stonehaven Genealagy and who run their own very informative
      Web Sites. Please pay them a visit when you have time.

      - Colin Milne: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/nescotland/index.html

      - Gordon Ritchie: http://www.stonehaven-heritage.org/content/index.asp

      - Ann Belau: http://vip.ocsnet.net/%7ECelticKinfolk/

      - Robert Kinahan: http://www.skateraw.com/Main/

      - Sharon Jameson: http://www.geocities.com/sharemslie/

      - Susanne Enkel: http://www.enkel.com/skaterow/index.html

      - Alastair McIntyre: http://www.electricscotland.com/

      - Ian and Muriel Birnie: http://www.scotcook.com/

      I would also like to send out a very, very special "THANK YOU" to
      three members who have been with me ever since "DAY 1"! They are:

      - Heather Morin from my hometown of Victoria, B.C., Canada
      - Ann Belau from California, U.S.A.
      - Deborah Christie from New England, U.S.A.

      It's been a thrill for me to run Stonehaven Genealogy, to say the
      least. Not only did it give me the opportunity to learn so much more
      about Scotland and it's people, but I have met 100's of new friends
      along the way as well.

      Be good everyone, and I wish you and your extended families all the
      very best of "HEALTH, HAPPINESS & PROSPERITY" in 2006 & beyond. Take
      care and "GOOD LUCK" in your research into your families past.

      CHEERS & KEEP IN TOUCH!
      Jim Allan @ thistleinn@...

      *** SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING MY OTHER WEB SITES ***

      I will continue to maintain my other Stonehaven web sites at the
      following links and I encourage anyone whose families either live in
      Stonehaven now or in the past to drop me a line as I would love to
      hear from you. In the meantime, please feel free to visit these sites
      when you have time.

      ************************************

      STONEHAVEN ROOTS
      http://www.geocities.com/thistleinn/

      A site where people can list their family members who were either -
      Born In Stonehaven - Lived In Stonehaven - Died In Stonehaven -
      Worked In Stonehaven - Married In Stonehaven.

      A site where people can share information on the Stonehaven War
      Memorial & the names that are inscribed on its Granite Stone. If
      your family is connected to at least one of the names that are
      inscribed on the Memorial, we would love to have you join us.

      You can check what names are inscribed on the Memorial by going to
      http://www.geocities.com/thistleinn/memorial.html

      ALLAN OF SCOTLAND
      http://www.geocities.com/scottishallans/HomePage.html

      A site where people can connect with family members from Scotland
      who have the Surname of "ALLAN".

      "A FAMILY TREE CAN WITHER IF NOBODY TENDS TO IT'S ROOTS"!