Re: Bert's De Ira

  • Timothy Anstiss
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 1999
      Memo

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 1999
        MurrellB@... wrote:

        > Quoting from the psychologist James Hillman:
        > "The feeling function is that psychological process in us that
        > evaluates. Through the feeling function we appreciate a situation,
        > a person, an object, a moment in terms of value.

        My own sense is that the words feeling and emotion are synonymous.
        We know we have an emotion because we feel our bodies getting ready for some
        sort of action. Run, fight, love, vomit, etc. The list of feelings is
        quite short, 7-12, depending on the author. We call these feelings
        emotions Emotion comes from latin and comes to us, I think through the
        French and somewhere picked up by English. It always carries with it the
        sense of motion, of action.

        Bert