Re: To: Jan/everybody

  • Keith H. Seddon, Ph.D.
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
      --- In stoics@yahoogroups.com, "rebart1" <rebart1@y...> wrote:
      > I would appreciate it if you could recommend a good foundational
      > book on Stoicism, such as might be used in Stoics 101 or whatever.
      > Thank you.

      There is one obvious book that I simply forgot about:

      Sandbach, F. H. 1989. _The Stoics_. London: Duckworth, and
      Indianapolis: Hackett.

      And for something rather bigger and heavier:

      Algra, Keimpe, et al. eds. 1999. _The Cambridge History of
      Hellenistic Philosophy_. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.

      which has much on the Stoics.

      Best wishes,

      Keith