Re: [stoics] Stoics can judge externals; response to Dave's response

  • Dave Kelly
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 9:13 AM
      Thanks Jan,

      I can accept all of your corrections and will try to assimilate them.

      I still think, though, that we should restrict our conscious moral
      evaluation of others to those situations where we are properly acting
      somehow as agent for the one being evaluated, as in the case of a
      counselor, parent, teacher, or judge, to name a few. We are, of course,
      always unconsciously evaluating others, urged on by an innate seeking
      after moral insight, which may lead to moral reflection.

      I appreciate the care you took with my response.

      Dave

      P.S. Sorry for the double-posting.

      --- Jan E Garrett <jangarrett@...> wrote:
      > Dave
      >
      > What you say below is pretty careful, but it still contains some
      > mistakes
      > in my view, or at least some confusions.

      =====
      Stoic News
      http://stoicnews.blogspot.com/

      PTypes personality types