Forthcoming book: Teach Yourself: Stoicism and the Art of Happiness

  • Dave Kelly
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2013

      This new book by Donald Robertson is centered upon the three disciplines of Epictetus.

      http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/3986461-new-book-teach-yourself-stoicism-and-the-art-of-happiness-2013

      Chapters Include

      Modern Stoicism
      The Way of the Stoic: “Follow Nature”
      The Promise of Philosophy (Eudaimona)
      Interlude: Meet the Stoics
      Stoic Ethics: The Nature of the Good
      The Discipline of Judgement (Stoic Mindfulness)
      Self-Awareness & the “Stoic Fork”
      The Discipline of Desire (Stoic Acceptance)
      Stoic Psychotherapy (Fear & Desire)
      The View from Above & Stoic Cosmology
      The Discipline of Action (Stoic Philanthropy)
      Appropriate Action & the Reserve Clause
      Love & Friendship in Stoicism
      The Morning & Evening Meditations
      Premeditation of Adversity
      Contemplation of Death
      Contemplation of the Sage

    • Steve Stoker
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 22, 2013
        ...thanks for this info, Dave. I'd never heard of this company before, many interesting
        titles. I've saved it to favorites.

        Best
        Steve