Re: Hello, I'm new here....

  • otnac6
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2013
      Hi Richard,
      Yes, I see the influence all over the place!
      I thought I had set this so that I would get your response on my
      email but I didn't. I had to come to the site to see it. Can you
      tell me what I need to put in my settings so that responses will go
      to my email? I thought I'd done it correctly, but apparently not!

      Thanks,
      Steve

      --- In stoics@yahoogroups.com, "NishmaBlogMaster" <nishmarrw@...> wrote:

      > I'm acting within "what can I control, what can I not control, what is up to me, what is not up to me", I eliminate
      > much needless stuff in daily life. NOT that I can do this all the time!!! No claim to perfectionism or sagehood here!
      >
      > Best wishes,
      > Steve»
      >
      > Welcome Steve this is your friend Richard from REBT
      >
      > Isn't the Serenity Prayer all about accepting the unchangeable and changing the changeable?
      >
      > Apparently much Stoic wisdom has filtered down through the ages and we can find its influence in many sayings such as "not crying over spilled milk..."
      > Best Regards,
      > RW

    • NishmaBlogMaster
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2013
        Hi Richard,
        Yes, I see the influence all over the place!
        I thought I had set this so that I would get your response on my
        email but I didn't. I had to come to the site to see it. Can you
        tell me what I need to put in my settings so that responses will go
        to my email? I thought I'd done it correctly, but apparently not!

        Thanks,
        Steve»

        Moderators can you help my friend Steve?

        Steve and I are on an REBT-CBT forum. I wanted to go deeper and learn more about the Stoic foundations of modern cognitive therapy. Also I find Epictetus absolutely fascinating, and marcus aurelius interesting too.

        An associate of Albert Ellis has taken on Stoicism, too and we communicate at times

        Happy 2013

        Best Regards,
        RW
      • Steve Stoker
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2013
          Richard and all,

          Okay....emails are coming to me now. Don't know what was wrong before, maybe I did or didn't
          do something right. But it's fixed now!

          Best,
          Steve Stoker

          Yes, I see the influence all over the place!
          I thought I had set this so that I would get your response on my
          email but I didn't. I had to come to the site to see it. Can you
          tell me what I need to put in my settings so that responses will go
          to my email? I thought I'd done it correctly, but apparently not!

          Thanks,
          Steve»

          Moderators can you help my friend Steve?

          Steve and I are on an REBT-CBT forum. I wanted to go deeper and learn more about the Stoic foundations of modern cognitive therapy. Also I find Epictetus absolutely fascinating, and marcus aurelius interesting too.

          An associate of Albert Ellis has taken on Stoicism, too and we communicate at times

          Happy 2013

          Best Regards,
          RW

          <*> Your email settings: