Superfluous things

  • Jon Underwood
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2012

      Seneca talks of the superfluous things man labours for when in truth our needs are far more simple, in an expansion on a line he quotes from Epicurous.

      While I'm getting ahead of my own studies here, what underlying reasons did the Stoics think there were for humanity to behave not in accordance with the law of nature?

      Was it that that humans are finite beings, flawed or products of a violent world, etc?

      Ibrahim