Re: Scheduled Chat

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 6, 2011
      The chat is still a "go".

      Sunday August 7
      17:00 GMT

      8:00 pm EEST (Athens)
      7:00 pm CEST (Rome)

      10:00 am PDT
      11:00 am MDT
      noon CDT
      1:00 pm EDT

      --- In stoics@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <markejohnston@...> wrote:

      > Is anyone up for a scheduled chat in the ISF chat room?
      >
      > I've been keeping an eye on the room but it seems completely idle.
      >
      > My suggestion for a first try is Sunday, August 7 at 17:00 GMT.
      >
      > Anyone up for it?

    • JIM GODDARD
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 6, 2011
        I'll have a go. I've not used the ISF chat room so if you could tell me where it is that would help. I'm also not experienced with the chat stuff so I'll probably try early so I can get the hang of it.

        Thanks,

        Jim

        > Is anyone up for a scheduled chat in the ISF chat room?
        >
        > I've been keeping an eye on the room but it seems completely idle.
        >
        > My suggestion for a first try is Sunday, August 7 at 17:00 GMT.
        >
        > Anyone up for it?

      • Mark
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 6, 2011
          The box of links that shows up in all pages of the ISF group shows Chat at the very bottom, beneath (Beta). I hope it appears on everyone's session. :S

          --- In stoics@yahoogroups.com, JIM GODDARD <jim.goddard1@...> wrote:

          > I'll have a go. I've not used the ISF chat room so if you could tell me where it is that would help. I'm also not experienced with the chat stuff so I'll probably try early so I can get the hang of it.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Jim

        • JIM GODDARD
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 7, 2011
            Indeed. Found it. Thanks,

            Jim

            The box of links that shows up in all pages of the ISF group shows Chat at the very bottom, beneath (Beta). I hope it appears on everyone's session. :S

            --- In stoics@yahoogroups.com, JIM GODDARD <jim.goddard1@...> wrote:

            > I'll have a go. I've not used the ISF chat room so if you could tell me where it is that would help. I'm also not experienced with the chat stuff so I'll probably try early so I can get the hang of it.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Jim

          • Mark
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 16, 2011
              A very big "thanks" to everyone that came to the last chat. It was a lot of fun to have a little real-time communication with some fellow Stoics.

              Let's try another one -- this time with a scheduled topic.

              Stoic evangelism

              If you're fer it or agin' it, please join in.

              The time is 21:00 9:00 pm GMT.

              That's 4pm CT.
              2pm PT
              5pm ET

              We can't meet too late -- the UK was well represented in the last chat.

              I would love to have Erik Wiegardt in the conversation, but I have not been able to contact him. If anyone can reach him, please invite him to the chat. He has done A LOT to introduce people to Stoicism and I think he'd be able to add a lot to the conversation.

              Anyone else that's interested in the topic, or interested in real-time conversation with Stoics, please visit the International Stoics Forum chatroom this Sunday.
            • JIM GODDARD
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 17, 2011
                Hello Mark,

                I shall try to join you. I very much enjoyed the last discussion.

                9 p.m. GMT is currently 10 p.m. British Summer Time in the UK (by my calculations), which is not too late.

                Stoic evangelism is a good topic.

                Regards,

                Jim

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 19, 2011
                  This is a brilliant idea, thanks Mark. Will try to log in.

                  All best

                  Jules

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 19, 2011
                    Hello Jules,

                    I think it was you I met up with in London last year or the year before? If so, it'll be good to reconnect via the chat on Sunday.

                    Regards,

                    Jim

                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 21, 2011
                      Hi - does anyone know where the international stoic forum chatroom is??

                      thanks

                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 21, 2011
                        Go to the Stoic forum on the Web, click on Messages, then click on the Chat link in the left sidebar.

                        Or this link might work if you're logged in to Yahoo:

                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 21, 2011
                          Hi Jules,

                          If you go to the bottom of your email and click on 'visit your group' you will find the chat room in there.

                          Catch you later,

                          Jim