Use of violent force in self defense or defense of others? Virtuous action?

  • Alexander Alvarenga
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2011
      Lets say a evil/mean person starts beating you up or its beating up your girlfriend/son/friend/innocent for the only reasong of inflicting pain and damage.

      Here are some considerations:

      -Police its not near and probably will not do anything.
      -The bad person makes this action very often.
      -If you step in you could get kill or badly hurt(Wich is my guess that most people dont do anything and act in a coward way).

      Would a stoic step in and defend itself or others?¿
    • Alexander Alvarenga
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2011
        --- In stoics@yahoogroups.com, "Alexander Alvarenga" <moltronstoic@...> wrote:

        > Lets say a evil/mean person starts beating you up or its beating up your girlfriend/son/friend/innocent for the only reasong of inflicting pain and damage.
        >
        > Here are some considerations:
        >
        > -Police its not near and probably will not do anything.
        > -The bad person makes this action very often.
        > -If you step in you could get kill or badly hurt(Wich is my guess that most people dont do anything and act in a coward way).
        >
        > Would a stoic step in and defend itself or others?¿

        Oh sorry

        Goog Nyk Cowham and Steve Marquis answered this question in other thread. Thanks =).