New FREE Ancient Ethics course at Yahoo!

  • Keith Seddon
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001
      Dear Friends,

      I have just finished setting up a new FREE course at Yahoo!

      Please go to http://courses.yahoo.com/group/Ancient_Ethics to have a
      look!

      The top end of the page reads:

      In this introductory course to ancient ethics, we will look at key fundamental questions that concern all thinking people:

      • How should I live?
      • What is happiness?
      • How can I secure it for myself?

      We will look at short extracts from important ancient texts and discuss them on the site’s forum. At the close of our five-week study and discussion, we should all be more confident of how those simple but important questions can be answered, and we will hopefully be better placed to lead lives that are more meaningful and more secure against the upsets of misfortune and hardship.

      We will be looking at extracts that address the ethical thinking of:

      • Aristotle
      • Herodotus
      • Democritus
      • Cicero on the Stoics
      • Cicero on Epicurus

      If you would like to take this course, please enroll. I expect to
      start the course on Friday 4 January 2002 (to allow time for students
      to acquire the set book -- see the Syllabus for details).

      I expect to rerun the course every two months (numbers permitting),
      starting on the first Friday of March, May, July, September, and
      November.

      Best wishes,

      Keith

      (Dr. Keith H. Seddon, Course Instructor)
      Ancient_Ethics-owner@...

      P.S. If you are in the UK, and have any difficultly acquiring the set
      book, please contact me as I may be able to obtain copies directly
      from the publisher. My shipping charge will be comparable to Amazon's.

    • Mike Burch
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001
        --- Keith Seddon <K.H.S@...> wrote:

        Dear Dr. Seddon,

        I would very much like to take your ancient ethics
        course but the enrollment form won't take my name down
        and responds with a 'We're Sorry' message and says to
        try later.

        I thought you might want to know there seems to be
        some glitch in the system.

        Sincerely,

        Mike Burch

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • Sean C. M. Kent
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2001
          This was the case when I attempted to sign in as well.

          ----

          ----